Demonic Front Babylonia

...

3rd Pov

Arriving at the Singularity the first thing Poseidon did was to fly towards Babylon at a supersonic speed scaring the Hell out of some poor people who thought Gods were going to show their wrath on them. His second quest demanded Gilgamesh's presence and thus he had to do the work of a Hero saving the World again, though it didn't matter since the quest didn't crush his pride nor its rewards were bad.

It was about the damn time he got the last piece of the Divine Dividing Gear, he had already decided not to go on such quests again unless the artifact was worth it. The chain quests took too much time and even when they pop up are unknown. Meanwhile, a certain Babylon King who was going through the affairs of his city sat up from his throne, and activating a mystic code he flew from his castle to the skies.

His eyes narrowed glancing at the powerful divinities approaching his city, he quickly activated Melammu Dignir and was ready to give the Divinities the feel of being showered with Noble phantasms at a speed faster than sound. Before deciding whether the approaching Divine Beings are hostile, he used his Omniscience.

A terrifying amount of information gushed into his mind, and layers of the world vanished one by one revealing the truth before him, the ultimate fact that the approaching Divinities had no hostility made him breathe in relief, he didn't want to waste any of his power before dealing with Tiamat and Melammu Dignir was one of the weapons he made with heart-wrenching pain.

Thus firing it before even the final game began seemed quite a bad decision. He deactivated them and let his soldiers continue using the normal mode of it. His Omniscience again got sealed while he frowned from the headache. " You caused quite the commotion", he said looking at Poseidon who stood in front of him the next moment. His subordinates remained outside the wall scaring a few of the soldiers.

" So what a foreign God is here for?", he asked, knowing well despite not being hostile they had a goal to approach his magnificent city. " Hm, it is simple, I am here for an alliance", Poseidon said, his eyes calm and facial expression remnant of a being who would even not look at humans with his eyes. An amused smile came on Gilgamesh's face," Oh? An alliance?".

" Indeed, you see I am here to deal with Tiamat as well", he said. Gilgamesh knew that what the foreign God in front of him wanted just by his facial expression alone, and so did Poseidon. It would seem both of them were assessing each other just by a single glance despite their calm and emotionless expressions.

" State your Goals", Gilgamesh said, demanding to know the full extent of his goals," Well it is to defeat her, train my subordinates, and help humans", Poseidon said, and then continued," I do not want anything special, just an adequate housing and the famous food of your country", Gilgamesh's smile further widened and he finally asked," Are you doing this because of faith?"

Poseidon replied," Gods who use faith are pathetic", his words disregarded every God who needed faith to power up and beings who needed faith to descend into the mortal world. Gilgamesh broke up in laughter signalling he had accepted their equal alliance. " Well, then follow me to the castle with your subordinates", he said.

Finally, Poseidon signaled his subordinates who followed them to Gilgamesh's castle, he looked at Siduri and said," Siduri assign a room to each of them in the castle and let them have a taste of the food of Babylon", she looked at him surprised and then glanced at Poseidon and the women following him, she quickly recognized the fact that three of them were emitting Divinity.

" Gods?!", she said surprised and then flinched after all even if she knew Gilgamesh well and while surprised by the fact that he invited Gods, the fact that there were several Gods in front of her was more concerning. As one of the Devout followers of a certain Tsundere God, she had a deep respect for Gods, despite Enikidu's incident.