CHAPTER XXXVII

***

A cursed escape in my mouth when they left. Damn it! I immediately wipe her snot from my palm using the wet wipes and immediately stormed out of the room. I need to wash this! It's gross! I can't believe it!

Nakakadiri ang babaeng iyon, wala manlang dilekadesa. When I went out of the room, I saw them at the sofa. My pinag-uusapan ang mga ito.

"Medyo weird 'yong kaibigan mo" I heard her said.

"Paano mo naman nasabi?"

"Bakit ganun 'yong kuwarto niya? Ang dilim tapos puro kandila. Member ba 'yon ng kulto?"

I almost rolled my eyes when she said that. I didn't bothered to entertain her baseless accusation. I am not a member of a fucking cult. I'm not cheap. I hurriedly went upstairs to my room, and took a shower. I rub my palm with antibacterial soap that almost scraped my skin. When I was satisfied with it, I wipe it with a clean cloth.

I change into a plain white shirt and short. It was a long day for me, my schedule was filled with endless meetings before I could leave Manila.

I heard a knock on the door before it swung open. Penelope entered the room while adjusting her glasses. I dried my hair using the towel as I went to the bed.

"What do you want?" I ask her bluntly.

"Narinig ko sa ibaba na may dumating na babae rito kanina lang at kasama ito ni Sir Lorenzo"

"Yeah, a girl in her teens, Amelia Castillo, she will be the new maid. Choose a kitchen assistant from our previous maids and assigned Ms. Castillio to be my personal servant. Don't permit her to enter the kitchen, she doesn't know how to cook"

She nodded. "Sige, Master Ryou. Masusunod po"

She bowed before leaving. Penelope is my nanny and one of my trusted person in this mansion. She served my parents before, and she is now also serving me. She was there with me through thick and thin, she's there with me when mom is not present, she made sure that I ate my meals three times a day, and made my projects and assignments.

She's been with me since the day that I was born. I can no longer counts how long she's been serving us.

Before I go to bed, I remember what happened a while ago. It's not my intention to accept her but after seeing her cry, I remembered what happened to me fifteen years ago. An incident that made who I am right now.

The following morning, I woke up early. I go for a jog in the whole estate and went to the gym to run on a treadmill. I ran as fast as I could, until my legs were numb, so I could not feel the pain anymore. The guilt was overpowering, eating my brain.

"Master, tama na po 'yan" I heard Gregorio, stopping me. "Master, enough!"

I slowed down when he raised his voice, lowering the speed of the treadmill until it stopped. Greg knew my limit, he was there to remind me all the time. I almost got crippled because of constant running. They were my escape to forget my guilt.

I was gasping for air, my shirt drenched with sweat. He gave me a bottle of water and a towel.

"Master, kailangan niyo ng maligo. Nakahanda na rin ang agahan niyo. You will leave in an hour"

"Prepare the Rolls-royce sweptail"

He nodded and leave. Gregorio is my trusted butler for almost fifteen years. Just like Penelope, he is my male nanny. I was a naughty rebellious kid when dad hired him to watch over me. He drove me to school, make sure that I did not skip my classes, and usually got into troubles because of me.