Chapter 56

Chapter 56 of Broken Lovers:

*Natasha's PoV*
Lane and I lie on my bed snuggled closely together just sitting in silence.

Annie and I have been trying really hard to take care of Ariella but she's too far gone in her depression and grief, she's unreachable.

"Hey Tash?" Lane finally breaks the silence with his soft voice.

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever think you'll be reaped into the games? Now that we know Snow has it out for Annie I feel like it's only in a matter of time before all of us get our turn."

"I know what you mean....I think this year one of us at least is promised a spot" I reply.

"If you go in I'm coming with you."

"Lane that's a promise I can't hold you too."

"It's one I hold to myself. I will bring you home even though it means that's die."

*Finnick's PoV*

My victor house can be summed up in one word, depressing. It's a constant reminder of what I went through and did to get here. I killed other human beings and watched them kill each other.

I sit in this house alone with my nightmares and thoughts. I couldn't even save my own best friend in the games this year. Knowing that Annie and everyone else probably think I let Jendaiya die on purpose makes me feel sick with panic and guilt.

Protecting Annie is all I wanted and still want. But how can I ever prove to her my love and loyalty?

*Annies's PoV*

I stand outside his house at the front door trying to get myself to raise my hand and knock. What am I doing? Will he even listen to me or give me the explanation and answers I need?

"Come on Annie!" I whisper to myself and then I finally knock. I hear someone coming to the door and then it opens.

"Annie?"

"Hello Finnick."

-
Hey guys!! Another chapter! I know it's short but I wanted to give you all something.

Please vote as comment and fallow my account: HidingWithinThePages

Xxoo-Tasha