Chapter 50

Broken Lovers

Chapter 50

*Natasha's Point of View*

I sit on the couch with my best friends and watch the Games. Watching one of my best friends on the TV is a nightmare come to life. Knowing I may never see her again breaks my heart.

"I can't do this." I whisper to Lane feeling the salty warm tears stream down my face. He looks at me with a sad expression and goes to put an arm around me but he's too late, because I've already gotten up from the couch.

*Jendaiya's point of view*

We trudged through the endless tundra, loosing track of time almost immediately. James clung to my arm the whole way, trusting me to lead him to safety.

"Are you okay?" I asked him for the fifth time in a row.

"Yea, I'm fine," he repeats.

"Okay, I was just-"

"No," he cuts me off. "I don't want to hear it."

"I'm sorry," I reply.

"Don't pity me. I don't want that. I'm stronger then that."

"I know," I muttered.

Every few minutes, I stopped and scanned the arena, searching for any signs of someone following us. I was barely relieved when I saw nothing, knowing there could be a person just over a foot away from me, concealed easily by the raging blizzard.

Suddenly, I felt James' small hand slip from my own. He cried out in pain, his mangled scream carried away by the whipping wind.

"James!" I cried, falling to my knees beside his body.

As he laid on his back in the snow, a bloody tip of the arrow head was visible in his chest.

"Jendaiya," he murmured. "Run."

"No!" I yelled. "I'm not leaving you!"

"You... need... to..." he choked.

"No, James, you need to get up. We need to go!" I beg, clasping his hands in my own.

"Someone's... coming... run... please."

"James," I screamed.

"Go..."

Tears streaming down my face, I slowly pushed myself up. With one last look at the broken blind boy beneath me, I took off running into the storm.

*Natasha's Point of view*

I reach the beach before I truly breakdown. All of this is too much for me.

"Tasha?" Hearing Lane's soft and gentle voice I turned around and faced my best friend.

"I'm sorry. " I said through my tears.

"Don't be its not your fault. " He stepped closer to me and wiped my tears away.

We were standing so close to each other that I could smell his comforting scent.

"I can't do this Lane.... its going to break me..." I said quietly.

"Then I'll be there to hold you together." I looked up at him in surprise.

"What?"

"I love you Natasha and I'm so stupid for not realizing it sooner. We need each other we just haven't realized that." His words made me heart race and my emotions soar.

"I need you Lane." I whispered.

"Do I have permission to kiss you now?" He whispered then came closer.

"Okay."

"Okay."

His lips crashed down onto mine, and that is when I experienced my first kiss.... With the boy I needed and loved.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

So how did you guys enjoy Natasha's PoV? Well I am happy to tell you guys my friend wrote it!! Fireknives, who Natasha is based on!!!

Anyway, please vote and leave me a comment telling me what you thought!

~ Annabeth Mockingjay Weasley