Chapter 61

Chapter 61 of Broken Lovers:
*Annie's PoV*

I wake up with Landon by my side. It's only the two of us left now, three when Finnick comes back. Turning onto my side I face the blank wall of my bedroom and let my mind go as blank as possible for a few seconds. All I want is for nothing to haunt my mind. Why can't I just escape?

"Annie are you awake?" I hear his scratchy sleepy voice.

"Yes" I reply quietly.

"Today will be their first day training."

"I know. Do you think they'll even try?"

"Natasha and Lane won't leave this world without leaving a mark."

*Lane's PoV*

We arrive at the training floor and begin immediately. Natasha goes for bows and I go for the knives. I used a knife a lot when I would go fishing. A knife was always needed for cutting ring rope or gutting a fish so you learn to use them pretty quickly and skillfully. Natasha was always good with aim, so using a bow will probably be a great strength for her.

"Hey what's up man?" A voice cuts thorough my thoughts. Turning around I meet the eyes of the district 2 male tribute.

"Not much just fooling around." I reply cockily.

"Yeah it's pretty boring when you already know how to do all this hey?" He laughs. I always heard that distinct 2 had a training academy due to being a favourite to the Capital, so these training days are like a day back home for them.

"Yeah. So what's your name?" I ask.

"Luke, and you're Lane?"

"Yep."

"We're you thinking of joining an alliance if you could?"

"Depends who asks." I smirk.

"Well I am."

"Then add me and my partner to your list."
-------------------------------------------
We finish our training day up then head back out floor feeling tired. Natasha seems distant, almost like she's decided to lock herself away.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask when we get out of the elevator.

"Just leave me alone Lane." She sighs.

"Hey we're in this together." I protest.

"I know. But that doesn't mean we feel exactly the same Lane. I saw you training today. You belong with the careers Lane. Your good looking enough, cocky and exactly what they're looking for." She looks at me like I'm a stranger, like she's lost hope in me.

"It's all an act! I even got you in the alliance today Natasha. People act when they get into the games, you need to understand that."

"You act like a stranger but soon you become them because you believe that you are that person now. It's what happens Lane. I'd rather die as myself, not the stranger that the capital wants me to become so I can entertain them."

"What makes you think I'm going to become that guy? I would never let them make me someone I'm not but I will make them believe that they are winning so when they let their fairs down I can destroy them." I say angrily then I leave her standing alone in the hall as I enter my room and slam the door.

------
Drama is starting!! Sorry I was gone for so long! Turns out I'm moving! Plus I we gone at camp!

Please vote and comment and maybe fallow my account @HidingWithinThePages

Xxoo-Tasha💕