Chapter 58

Chapter 58 of Broken Lovers:

•Day After the Celebration•
*Annie's PoV*

I sit on the beautiful beach with Landon by my side. He holds my hand in his. We were all in shock with Rocky's comments yesterday, but I can't help but think of them as a warning.

Natasha took Ariella back home last night and I'm pretty sure she stayed with her. Ari is in deep depression and that episode last night probably made her a nervous wreck.

"How can you be so beautiful?" Landon breaks my busy thoughts.

"What?" A smile and a small blush creep onto my face as I look at him.

"You are truly beautiful Annie and I can't believe your mine. I love you Annie." He looks deep into my eyes and I know that he means every word.

"I think I love you too." And then he kisses me.

"You guys gotta come quick!" Lane screams as he runs towards us.

"What's wrong?" I ask standing up with Landon.

"It's Ariella." Lane's face is soaked with tears.

"What happened to her?" Landon asks looking like he already knows the answer but he wants to be wrong.

"Rocky came for her today, to marry her. She said she wanted to pack a few things from her room but a few minutes after Natasha went to go check on her because she thought she heard something." By this time Lane is sobbing and then I notice the blood on his shirt.

"Lane?" I whimper.

"Ariella killed herself."

---TIME JUMP TO REAPING DAY---

I stand in front of my mirror trying to dry the tears from my eyes before I have to leave. Knowing that I'm certain to loose another person I love today kills me. Snow will torture me until the day I die and there is absolutely nothing I can do.

"Annie?" I spin around and see Finnick leaning against my doorframe. He looks tired and scared, where was he last night?

"I'm alright." I lie wiping the tears away.

"No your not. None of us are." He states.

"There's nothing we can do Finnick but live in this hell until he decides we're allowed to die okay?" I yell as I push past him and make my way to the front door. Leaving my house I walk to the twins house where we all agreed to meet.

*Natasha's PoV*

We walk to the reaping in silence. I hold Lane's hand and Landon holds Annies. Finnick had to leave earlier than us all seeing as he is a mentor.

When we arrive at the square we sign in then we are forced apart. Lane tips my chin up lightly and kisses me softly, as if he's getting ready to say goodbye which scares me to death.

"I love you." I whisper against his lips then I leave with Annie to stand with the other girls.

Ever since we lost Ariella my fear has turned to anger and that anger is turning into rage. Snow has taken so much from me and today he will take something else but I will not let him take it without a fight from me.

I listen to the introductory speech and then watch the video from the Capitol but I'm here for one thing only just like everyone else, to see who is reaped.

"Now ladies and gentlemen we will see who are tributes are for this year! And as always we will start with the ladies!" She walks over to one of the glass bowls and takes out a piece of paper. She unfolds it and just before she can read out the name I do something that I planned to do the day I lost Ariella.

Two words come from my lips which are "I volunteer."

-
Vote/comment!

Love you all!
Xxoo-Tasha