Chapter 57

Chapter 57 of Broken Lovers:

*Finnick's PoV*

She's at my door. She came by herself willingly.

"What are you doing here Annie?" I ask with surprise and shock clear in my voice.

"We need to talk Finn, I need answers." She replies seriously.

"I'll try my best, come in" I step aside so she can come in. I lead her to my living room and sit done on a small couch and she sits on the other across from me.

"What happened Finn? You turned on us after the games. You left me. You broke my heart." Pain is clear in her voice making me feel like complete shit.

"When I got back... I got a message from Snow. The women in the Capital wanted me...to sleep with me. Of course I refused and he was livid. He promised that he would do anything in his power to make me pay for disobeying. So he killed my father and Jendaiya as reaped into the games. I know I threatened you all with her life....I was trying to act the part. My goal was to make you all hate me so you wouldn't be around me, so you would be safe. I did everything in my power to keep her alive. I even did what he wanted but he let her die." Shock and grief are clear as day on her beautiful face.

"So you let me go so you could save me?" She asks looking straight into my eyes.

"I would do anything for you....because I'm still in love with you."

*Annie's PoV*

"You still love me?"

"Always have and I always will."

"Finnick I'm with Landon now. He was there for me when I needed someone the most. I know you meant well and wanted the best for me, that's why you did what you did but I can't leave Landon just because you say you love me." I say as I watch disappointment come upon his face.

"Do I even stand a chance of having your heart again?" He asks pleadingly.

"I don't know."

"I'll respect your choice but do I at least get to earn back your friendship?"

"It'll take time with us all but we do miss you."

"I'm so sorry Annie..."

"Me too."

------TIME JUMP TO DAY OF VICTOR PARADE------

*Arielle's PoV*
I
I stand in front of my mirror looking at my reflection. I'm wearing a navy blue dress, my hair done in a French braid and my feet wearing white flats. Today Rocky is coming to visit our District to celebrate his victory over the games. Everyone is forced to go, even though my friends and I would rather stay at home trying to forget he ever existed.

"You coming Ari?" Natasha's soft voice wakes me from my thoughts.

"Yeah" I reply turning around and facing her. She too is dressed in a dress trying to look her best,

"We'll all be together Ari, your not facing this alone." She tries to reassure me.

"And I love you all for it but the pain that I feel will never leave me."

-------------------------------------------
I tune Rocky out as he makes his speech and next thing I know I'm being ushered into the Justice Building where the feast is.

There is tons of food waiting to be eaten and yet I feel sick just looking at it.

"Hey you pretty little thing" A raspy voice whispers behind me making me freeze. All my friends look at the individual behind me and glare. Turning around I meet the eyes that belong to Rocky.

"I have a name you know." I snap.

"And what might that be?" He smirks.

"Ariella, and I might have you know that you betrayed my best friend in the games that you've won. You bastard."

"Everyone does what they can to win darling." He almost laughs.

"Just walk away and never talk to me again." I spit at him.

"I like you, you got a great body ad some spirit. I'll be seeing you soon honey you can keep that as a promise." He turns and walks away leaving me feel sick.

"What the actual hell?" Lane says a angrily.

"I'd keep an eye out Ari..." Natasha says still watching Rocky walk away.

"He's sick." Annie says quietly.

"He does have a point though guys, you do what you can when you're in there." Finnick says.

"Doesn't make it right." Landon voices.

"I know" Finnick says.
-
Another chapter!! :) hope you all enjoyed. Please vote and comment!

Xxoo-Tasha💕