Chapter 46

Broken Lovers

Chapter 46

"Jendaiya!" Finnick called. I froze, considering turning the corner and revealing myself to the waiting crowd, but something held me back.

"What?" I asked sharply.

"What's your problem?" He demanded, walking slowly towards me.

I laughed. Did he really have the nerve to ask me that?

"What's so funny?" He was towering over me, his eyes boring into mine.

"That you're actually dumb enough to not realize you're my problem. From the second you got back from the games, you were different. You left us, all of us, and have barely noticed our existence since! We cared about you, and you gave up on us! Annie cried for weeks!" I hissed.

"I never meant to hurt you guys. I only wanted to protect you," Finnick whispered, his voice breaking.

"Well you didn't do a very good job. We've moved on from you now," I said.

"I still love Annie," he blurted.

"Well you leaving drove her right into Landon's arms," I replied, anger brimming in my voice.

"I know. I hate him so much now. He isn't right for Annie."

"Oh, like you are?" I asked; aghast. "Landon loves her more than you ever did. He treats her so good, he would never let anything come between them. No matter what happens, he wouldn't leave her! Ever!"

"You don't understand, Jendaiya!" He snarled.

"I understand perfectly, Finnick! You're a self absorbed jerk who is only now starting to realize exactly what he gave up two years ago! Well get over it, cause we're over you!" I glared at him, before spinning in my heel and walking out into the mob of brightly coloured people and camera flashes.

Natasha's PoV

I sit on the sandy beach, watching the waves roll in the sea. With everything that has happened, I've been forgetting how beautiful District Four is. And yet, so many horrible and ugly things happen inside.

"Mind if I join you?" A familiar voice asks from behind me.

"Sure." I quietly reply. Lane sits down besides and lets out a long sigh. I've always been really shy around Lane and his brother. Annie is always the outgoing one that can talk to boys, whereas I am the quiet shy one that blushes when I catch a boy glancing at me.

"How are you doing with all of this Natasha?" Lane asks quietly and gently interrupting my thoughts.

"I don't really know Lane..." I almost whisper my reply because I fear I might break down and cry. I hate seeing my friends hurting.

"Listen, I'm here for you. I know we aren't extremely close but we are still friends, and friends stick together and stay together. We are there to catch each other when we fall, to wipe each other's tears away, and to go through hell with each other." Lane looks straight into my eyes when he says this.

"But I'm not good at casting all my problems on my friends; I'm not even good at being a friend! Look what happened at the reaping! I didn't even go console Annie and she's my best friend!" I almost shout all these words at Lane and then the tears come.

"Come here." Lane says quietly and opens up his arms. I lean into him and rest my head on his chest and cry. He protectively wraps his arms around me and lets me cry.

"Why can't I be more like you guys? You are all so strong, outgoing, and not afraid to live." I question myself more than Lane when these words leave my mouth.

"You're perfect the way you are Natasha. Some of us are meant to be the protectors and the confident ones, but there are also those who are meant to be protected and to be fragile."

"I just wish-"

"You're perfect the way you are." He interrupts me with these words and I feel him lightly kiss the top of my head.

"Thanks Lane, for everything" I say quietly than I push myself out of Lane's arms. I look into the boys eyes and he smiles, I return his smile than look towards the setting sun.

"I guess we better get going to Ariella's, the Tribute's parade is tonight." He says. I nod my head in agreement. Lane stands up then offers his hand to me, I take it and he helps me up. We start to talk down the beach to our friend's house. Lane carelessly puts his arm around me shoulder. The friendly gesture makes my stomach fill with butterflies and I immediately blush. I never had this feeling before, and why should I? It's just Lane, he could never like me, he thinks of me like a little sister, so why am I feeling like this? Great! Like I need to this happen at this time in life.

Jendaiya's PoV

*Tribute Parade*

I step out of the elevator with Will and Mags.

"There he is." Mags says with a smile. She points over to one of the chariots and my eyes immediately spot Finnick. The three of us walk over to him and the first thing he does is laugh. I roll my eyes in disgust and anger, he immediately notices and stops laughing.

"Could they have done any worse?" Finnick says to Mags motioning to our costumes. Will is wearing a dress shirt that is bright teal with yellow sparklingly stripes on the arms. And for bottoms he has just plain black pants, he doesn't look as bad as I do though. I am wearing a full length dress that is tight to my body showing off my figure but at the bottom just above the knees it flares out like a fish's tale. Oh and did i mention it is a bright teal color than it has bright yellow sparkly lines ALL over it. In others words, I look like a fish. My hair isn't so bad though; I have it in a high bun. My makeup is quite extreme though, my eye lids are the same design as my dress, I have black extreme eye liner lining my eyes and extremely long thick black false eyelashes. My lips are a teal blue as well, just like the ocean.

"I really don't know what she was thinking." Mags mutters, She then users Will to fallow her so she can talk to him privately leaving Finnick and I alone.

"Ready?" Finnick asks me still smirking at my ridiculous costume.

"Not really." I reply glaring at him. It felt good letting my anger about him out, but I have a lot more deep inside. I know we will have to talk a lot before he can seriously train me.

"Listen you have a chance at winning these games, Jendaiya."

"I really don't Finnick! You saw me at the reaping! It's like what Will said, I look like a weak seven year old." I spit at him.

"We can use that to your advantage. I've seen you at the Academy. When you fight you fight fiercely, you put all your strength into your fight. You have speed and strength. Now listen, I want you act weak and scared. That way the other tributes will think you don't have a chance, but when you get into that arena you will show them what you can really do."

I want to argue with him, but I just can't form the words. After he finishes Will and Mags come over. Will and I get onto the chariot.

"Remember you two; you are from a career district so act like it." Finnick says than his eyes linger on me as if to say Make Will believe you are weak. I nod my head than I look ahead and the horses begin to pull our chariot.

Okay guys, listen up!!! Natasha's PoV and the second Jendaiya's PoV were written by my good friend, @Fireknives!!!!!!! Please go follow her and read her story!! I wrote part of a chapter in one of her books too!!!

Also, I changed Jendaiya's face claim to Lucy Hale. So if you guys were wondering, that's basically what she looks like, just a few minor changes.

So please like, vote, and comment your feedback!

~Annabeth Mockingjay Weasley