Chapter 60

Chapter 60 of Broken Lovers:

*Annie's PoV*

Landon and I sit in my bedroom with deafening silence. Both of us already grieving those we haven't even lost yet.

He's taking everyone from me and soon I will be alone facing the monsters in my mind.

The hours pass and we watch the tribute parade. Natasha and Lane looked good but not excellent. I saw nothing in their eyes, no depth, emotion, nothing human.

*Lane's PoV*

We get back to our floor and Natasha leaves for her room without a word. The parade was alright but we've already given up so what's the point of talking about it?

"Lane do you need anything?" Finnick asks putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What I need is beyond any of our reach." I reply then I walk away towards my own room. As I pass Natasha's room I hear sobs. Knocking lightly on her door I wait for it to open, for her to let me in and to my surprise she actually does.

Her dark brown hair is a mess and pulled into a bun, the makeup covering her face is gone leaving her face red and splotchy and covered in tears.

"Just take the pain away" She sobs wrapping her arms around me. I close the door then take her to the bed and hold her close to me.

We sit there all night. I don't sleep but she does. Having her in my arms almost takes the pain and ache away but then the reminder of what is coming for us brings back the pain.

*Finnick's PoV*

I leave the strangers bedroom feeling dirty and worthless. Natasha and Lane are promised the most horrible death unless I listen to Snow.

But this time was different. As I lay there she started talking, telling me things about the Capital that I never knew. Maybe in exchange for company I will ask for something that Snow could die over but as no control over, secrets.

If I get secrets I can maybe at some point in this hell it will help make a difference.

As I get back to our floor I see everyone at the breakfast table already discussing the training day.

"Now you two need to figure out what your strengths are." Maggs says trying to give them some hope.

"What's the point?" Natasha snaps.

"The point is showing them that you're strong. Show them you won't leave without a fight. The day you
decide to give up is the day he wins." I say.

"Then help us." Lane replies.

"Help us leave a mark." Natasha says with fire in her eyes.

"You two are going to last until the final 8." I say sitting down and looking at them.

"And then we do the last thing they want." Natasha says.

The Lane replies with "We kill ourselves before they kill us."

----
Update!!!

Xxoo-Tasha💕