Chapter 11

Broken Lovers

Chapter 11

This chapter I'd dedicated to a great admin friend of mine, Facebook will know her as ~Madgy. To my Wattpad readers, you will know her as LyliaLove. I highly recommend any of her stories for anything she writes is supermegafoxyawesomehot. Love ya :D

She assisted me with the ideas for this chapter and helped me overcome my immense writers block. Thank her for this new chapter.

Now, I shall stop with this extremely long authors note and begin with the story. Love you all <3

The sun began to fall from the sky, leaving streaks of pink and orange behind. A light wind was picking up, gently rustling the trees.

As Finnick and I got up to leave, we heard heavy footsteps crunching on the gravel path. I knew immediately what was coming, as did Finnick. Peacekeepers.

"Quick, Annie! Into the bushes!" Finnick hissed, giving me a gentle shove. I lost my balance and fell down a small slope. I quickly got to my feet and began to silently creep back up to the clearing. I perched myself at the highest hidden point, my stomach pressed to the ground. By peeking through the hole I fell into, I could clearly see all that was going on in the clearing before me. I silently cursed as the peacekeepers reached Finnick. He had obviously not had enough time to follow me before the peacekeepers spotted him. Sufficiently covered by the thick underbrush, I began listening intently to the scene in front of me.

Two peacekeepers approached Finnick, each dressed head to toe in the standard white uniform. They both, however, we're lacking helmets. One man, a tall, skinny ginger haired man with a small, thick beard stepped forward and began to talk.

"What are you doing here, you foolish boy. I am sure you are aware this area is strictly off limits and it is illegal to be here," he said.

The other man quickly stepped forward and added, "Are you alone?"

"Yes, I am ALONE. If I were to have brought anyone up here with me, I am sure they would be SMART enough to STAY HIDDEN AT ALL TIMES!" Finnick emphasized. "And to answer your question sir," he added, in regards to th first mans question, "Yes I am aware that this place is strictly off limits but I have my reasons for being up here."

"No reason is good enough for breaking the law," snarled the second man. He was heavy set with balding brown hair.

"You see, my brother was killed a few years back. My family and I set up this memorial shrine to remember him by. We weren't aware at the time that this spot was illegal but by the time we realized, we had already spread his ashes. It was too late to move them," Finnick explained calmly, gesturing to the headstone behind him.

The second man swiftly crossed the distance between him and the stone. Finnick and the first man followed behind.

He read the stone and grunted.

"Look kid. I don't honestly care. Screw your brother. He is all but a memory. I remember him in fact, we were the ones who killed him of Gods sake. He was a troublemaker, just like you. And you deserve to die, just like him," the man roared. Turning swiftly, he connected his foot with the headstone, sending it flying towards me. It stopped moving only inches before me. Sighing in relief, I immediately diverted my attention back to the escalating argument. The peacekeeper quickly unsheathed a large, long, sharp blade and held it out in front of him.

"Say yourgoodbyes kid," he spat.

Finnick shook with anger, his body clamoured violently.

"You," Finnick spat. "You'll pay for that."