Chapter 41

Broken Lovers

Chapter 41

Immediately, I was flooded with shock. Every muscle in my body tensed, but it felt good. It was like I had wanted this all along, but I just didn't know it.

I began kissing him back. Just as his hands tightened on my waist, I heard a loud wolf whistle beside us.

I pulled away, embarrassed, to find Lane, Jendaiya, and Ariella laughing hard as they approached us.

My cheeks flushed pink, but they were no where near as red and Landon's.

"Nice going, man," Lane laughed, clapping him on the back.

I just rolled my eyes, ignoring Lane's version of "Landon and Annie sitting in a tree" which involved way too manny "S'"

Despite being caught, those last few minutes officially made today the best birthday ever.

******

"So I hear there's a new girl on our team," Landon commented, lacing his fingers with mine as we walked to school. Yes, we're officially dating now.

"Hope she's hot," Lane said.

We all laughed, eagerly entering the Training Academy.

"There she is," Landon hissed, pointing to a shorter tanned girl with shorter, curly black hair. Her chocolaty brown eyes and naturally beautiful complexion made her one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. She sat alone at the desk in the very front of the History of Panem classroom.

Without a word, I strode over to her.

"Hey," I smiled. "My name is Annie."

"Natasha," she replied softly.

"Do you want to sit with us?" I asked.

She glanced nervously back at the twins, with Ariella and Jendaiya who had just sat down. They were talking in hurried whispers, attempting to nonchalantly gesture to us.

"Sure," she mumbled, grabbing her bag off the back of her chair and following me.

********************************************

The visions began getting more choppy. Certain parts of my life were skipped, and I could feel my breaths becoming more strained. I had little time left, but I forced myself to continue focusing on the vision. I felt myself slip back into the weeks before the 77th Hunger Games.

Sorry if this is confusing. Just ask if you need any clarification on anything :) And about a year and six months has passed.

~Annabeth Mockingjay Weasley