Part 20: presents

We all finished our dinner and me and Brad sat on the grass while everyone went indoors. About 5 minutes later everyone came and sat on the grass with us and they had loads of presents. My mouth dropped open and everyone laughed. "You didn't have to get me anything guys." I said and everyone smiled. "Of course we would." James replied and I smiled at him.

I then looked around and saw that Hannah was nowhere to be seen. "So, Hannah throws a ball at my face and then doesn't even join us when we are doing presents?" I said and everyone nodded. Brad sat behind me so I was sitting inbetween his legs and my back was resting on his chest. "Don't worry about her, just spend this time with us." Brad said and I nodded.

Rebekah reached forward and gave me 2 presents, I smiled and started to open the first present. It was a picture of me and her when we were 7 years old on our first day of junior school, I stood up and gave her a massive hug. "Thank you so much! You will always be my best friend." I whispered and she smiled. I sat back down with Brad and opened my second present, it was a massive bar of Galaxy chocolate and anyone who knows me well enough knows that Galaxy is my favourite chocolate. "Thank you so much Rebekah! I will be sharing this with you." I said. "No problem and you should eat it." Rebekah replied and I smiled.

Brad wrapped his arms around my waist tighter. "Can I share it with you then?" Brad whispered and I giggled. "Maybe, you will have to wait and see." I replied and Brad winked.

I then opened everyone else's presents: Tris got me a onesie, James got me a cute new phone case with musical notes and glitter on it, Sophie got me a pretty necklace with my initials on it 'CS' and Connor got me a bearded dragon teddy.

It was now Brads turn and he didn't seem to have any presents for me. Everyone looked really confused until he pulled a small envelope out of his trouser pocket. He gave it to me and I looked confused. "Open it." Brad said and winked. I started to open the envelope and pulled out a bit of A4 paper, I read it and my mouth dropped open. "Thank you so so so much! You are the best boyfriend ever!" I said and gave him a massive hug.

"What is it?" Sophie asked. "Brad has bought me a dog! I have to go and pick it up in 2 weeks!" I said and everyone smiled. "Where is it going to stay?" Tris asked. "In the girls room I suppose." I replied and he nodded. "Aaawww! We are going to have a dog in our room!" Rebekah said and I nodded.

"It can share my room and your room as it is our dog not mine." I said to Brad. "It is your dog but if you want then it can sleep in my room sometimes." Brad said. I hugged him again and a tear fell down my cheek, Brad felt it land on his shoulder and pulled away. "Are you ok?" Brad asked. "I'm just so happy!" I replied and Brad giggled. "You need to decide if you want a boy or a girl dog." Brad said. "A girl." I replied and Brad smiled. "Can you help me name her?" I asked and Brad nodded.

I can't believe we are going to have a dog, it's like one step closer to me and Brad becoming a family. I love him so much and I didn't think for one second that he would get me a dog for my 18th birthday.

Everyone then walked inside to get changed out of their swim stuff but I just sat on my bed staring at the piece of paper that Brad had given me. Rebekah saw that I had put the picture of us on my bedside table and smiled.

Brad took me back outside and we sat and watched the sunset together. It was beautiful.

"Thank you so much for my birthday present! I wasn't expecting you to get a dog for my 18th!" I said and Brad giggled. "You are welcome, I would do anything for you and plus I kind of wanted a dog as well." Brad said and I playfully nudged him in the ribs.