Somebody To You and Surprise Visits

"Sure, I guess." I replied.

"Yes!!!" Johnny cheered.

"What song do you want to do?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter to me."

"Thanks for the help!" I said sarcastically. We both laughed.

"How about a song by the Vamps?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled. I took out my phone and looked through their album.

"How about Somebody to You ft. Demi Lovato?" I suggested.

"I love that song!!"

"I'm taking that as a yes?" He nodded.

"Darian, we have our song picked out!" Johnny yelled to get Darian's attention.

"Awesome, let's go record your voices." We walked inside his house and went to the basement. We entered a room with a mic and a little sound booth. Johnny handed me a pair of headphones. I put them on and Darian was setting everything up.

"One thing to know is, to stay close to the mic."Johnny informed. I nodded.

"Okay are you guys ready?" Darian asked. We both nodded. Darian pushed a button and music started playing.

"I used to wanna be, living like it was only me. But now I spend my time thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind."  Johnny sang.

"Yeah you."  I sang.

"I used to be so tough, really never gave enough. Then you caught my eye, giving me the feeling of a lightning strike."

"Yeah you."

"Look at me now, I'm falling. I can't even talk, still stuttering. This ground of mine keeps shaking. Oh oh oh, now."

"All I wanna be yeah, all I ever wanna be yeah, yeah. Is somebody to you. All I wanna be yeah, all I ever wanna be yeah, yeah. Is somebody to you. Everybody's trying to be a billionaire, but every time I look at you I just don't care. 'Cause all I wanna be yeah, all I ever wanna be yeah, yeah. Is somebody to you."  we both sang.

"I used to ride around. I didn't want to settle down, but now I wake each day looking for a way to see your face." I sang.

"Yeah you." Johnny sang.

"I've got your photograph, but baby I need more than that. I need to know your lips, nothing ever mattered to me more than this."

"Yeah you."

"Look at me now, I'm falling. I can't even talk, still stuttering. This ground of mine keeps shaking. Oh oh oh, now..."  We finished the rest of the song.

"You have an amazing voice!" Johnny said.

"I agree with John." Darian said.

"Thanks, Johnny you have an amazing voice too."

"Okay now we just need to do the video." Darian informed. We headed outside.

"It's really fun, trust me." Johnny said.

"Yeah but I've never done this before. What if I mess up?" I asked unsure.

"You'll be fine. You're amazing!"

"Okay Rachell, you can either lip sync or actually sing. Your choice." Darian said.

"I'll lip sync." She nodded. About an hour of recording, we got the video done.

"Carson and Rachell, since it was your first music video, I think we should celebrate by going to In 'n Out Burger!" Johnny said.

"Yes!!"

"I'm in."

"Darian can you take us to In 'n Out?" Johnny asked.

"Yea, hold on a sec, the video is almost done being edited." she replied.

"Cool." He said while walking to Darian's computer.

"It's done!!"

"Time to celebrate!" Johnny cheered. We got into Darian's car and drive to In 'n Out. About 20 minutes later, we have arrived. We sat down at a table near a window. Darian brought our food to the table. I started eating my fries when my phone buzzed.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me Nathan."

"Oh, Umm hi."

"Look about earlier, I'm super sorry!"

"I am too."

"You did nothing wrong." You: "I told you to leave and I was literally about to punch you."

"That's nothing wrong. You were about to punch me because I shoved you, you were just going to defend yourself."

"To me it is. I've had a lot of people leave out of my life, and every time I do that to other people I feel guilty. And I hate punching people, I feel like I'm murdering someone even though I'm not." It was a long silence.

"Umm hello?"

"Oh sorry, I didn't know that."

"It's cool."

"I saw a video of you singing Somebody to You with Johnnyosings."

"Oh you did? What do you think about it?" I asked. How did he see it? Darian didn't even upload it.

"You were fantastic!"

"Haha thanks. Where did you see the video?" I asked.

"Carson's snapchat." he replied.

"Oh cool. Well I have to go"

"Okay bye."

"Bye," I hung up. "If you excuse me, but I have to go to the restroom." I got up and walked into the women's restroom. I went to a sink and fixed my hair. A girl walked to the sink beside me. She really looks familiar. She looked up and smiled into the mirror and looked straight at me. That's when I realized, I was standing beside... Maya.

{Surprise!!! Maya is back!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! 😊}