Chapter φ (Phi)

Chapter φ (Phi)

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Epsilon, and Omega all went running towards the approaching army. The first wave of solders looked like the creatures they saw before but a lot smaller. They all had pointed spears, pointing down and facing the team of five. Gamma ran ahead of them and blocked the other fours path.

"I got this," she said looking over her shoulder. She raised her arms and created a portal right in front of the army. The opposite twin portal was created a few feet above the other, just in the opposite direction. The army that was running at them fell out of the portal and stabbed random members of the army. People kept falling through until they were smart enough to realize not to walk through the portal. They all stopped, walked around the portals and ran at them again. Alpha ran up to one of the hundreds of trees surrounding them and touched it with one arm. A second later it exploded and tons of tree branches and bark flew at the army. A large chunk oft the army when down under the shrapnel but the rest ran on. Epsilon ran up to them, invisible, and started taking out members one by one. Slowly they all fell from this unseen attacker. Beta was busy using her mind to grab people and throw them several yards away. Epsilon grimaced as he heard the screams of solders as they flew away then the slicking crash as it hit the ground and stopped screaming. Alpha was going through the ranks, taking out people with some spears he found that he fashioned into a double spear. Gamma was creating portals and punching people through them. Omega was taking on ten at once and besting every one in hand to hand combat. Even injured he was the best fighter there. The fight went on for what felt like days even though it was only about an hour. They all got really tired but the end of the army didn't seem to get any closer. Gamma tried creating a portal that the entire army would drop through but she wasn't strong enough so she kept getting little pieces at a time. A few hours into the battle, Epsilon noticed a spearman about to throw a spear at Beta. Thinking fast he ran up to her and stood in front of her, completely invisible. The spear went straight for her and then in midair it split in half and passed right on both sides of Beta, coming to stops right through two more solders sneaking up behind Beta. She looked around confused and Epsilon became viable again. He was holding one of his blades right in front of his face. He had cut the spear at the last moment and it had passed harmlessly by them.

"How many times do I have to save your life?" He asked, grinning then disappearing once again. It didn't take long for the army to get smaller and smaller until there was barely any left. Those that weren't killed ran from them. A few moments of celebrating later, Zeet landed.

"Where were you?" Gamma asked.

"I was looking for Dimasian." He said slightly out of breath. "I found him. Lets go." He said taking off again. The fight was about to end.