Chapter Omicron

Grrrr, this chapter is crazy long and never seemed to end. Sry about the wait and if it seemed rushed at the end.

Enjoy

Chapter Omicron

Diamond threw the door open just as two men in dark suits walked in. Heart recognized them as the men that had always escorted them back to their cell after each battle. It was always the same men, dressed in the same suits. They never said anything and always showed up at the exact same time. They both reacted at the same time. Each pulled a gun out from behind them and aimed them at Diamond.

Before he could react, however, the guns suddenly vanished. They both stared at their hands for a minute in disbelief. They looked at each other for a second then back at Diamond as if he had done something. It wasn't uncommon for unexplainable events like that to happen where they were.

"Lose something?" Heart yelled from several yards down the hallway. They both turned at the same time to look at her and before they could even think to chase after her, two muffled shots rang out and two small darts stuck into both of the suits necks. They quickly went limp and fell to the ground. Diamond caught them both before they hit the ground and dragged them into the room they just vacated.

Diamond looked through the small observation window and saw Club standing there, confused. Diamond held up three fingers straight up in the air, then rotated his hand to the left 90 degrees. Club nodded. He was never good at being stealthy and would only slow them down. That was their signal for 'wait here.' Club then responded by sticking out two fingers to the left and his thumb in the air, his fingers resembling a gun. Their sign for 'watch your back.' Diamond nodded and ran out of the room.

Heart walked out of the shadows as he reappeared. She had been all but invisible while waiting for him. She handed him a handgun and kept one for herself. Apparently they were dart guns, able to knock someone out instantly. They figured it was so they don't kill their test subjects. Heart thought it was a lucky break. She didn't want to kill anyone and the sound of the shot would be heard around the entire complex.

She ran ahead and looked around a corner, sticking to the shadows as much as possible. She slowly stuck her head around and noticed the hallway empty. She stuck two fingers down and pulled them forward twice, gesturing to Diamond to approach slowly. Diamond walked out of the shadows and creped towards Hearts position.

Suddenly, Heart heard voices approaching their hallway. She quickly crossed her two figures together, their symbol for 'get away and hide.' Diamond stepped back into a side of the wall where the ceiling lights were the weakest. Heart stuck her head out again to see if they were approaching her. That's when she saw who it was and could pin the voice to the face, or more accurately, faces.

"Well, I think," Jeff started.

"That went rather well." Carl finished for him.

"I'm,"

"Hungry."

"Lets go get some,"

"Pizza." Carl said, speaking over Jeff.

"Chinese." Jeff said at the exact same time Carl spoke. Heart heard their unique footsteps stop and she could imagine their eyes travel to the side of their heads as if they were eyeing each other in confusion as they always do when they have an argument.

"Chinese," Jeff said at the same time as Carl said "Pizza." Mimicking the others exact words several seconds before.

"Forget it," they said at the same time and Heart could hear the oddly sounding footsteps commencing once again and the hallway cleared up. Heart waited a few more seconds then let out a sigh of relief. She gestured over to Diamond again and he continued walking towards him. They looked down the hallway one last time then proceeded to run down it.