Chapter Σ (Sigma)

Chapter Σ (Sigma)

Gamma landed in soft grass and quickly rolled away. A second later Alpha came out of the portal and rolled right next to her.

"Hey, at least we didn't hit each other." Alpha said. Gamma nodded and got to her feet. She looked behind her to the building. It looked the same as the other one they just left; old, abandoned, big.

"Lets go." She said walking towards the door. They both pulled on the big metal door and walked inside. They headed up the stairs and into the room where two big creatures were. One had two long swords in its hand, the other was empty handed but looked just as deadly. Its muscle on its arm was thicker then Alpha's weight. This guy seriously hit the gym.

"I call the swords guy." Gamma said. As if they heard her, the creature with the swords ran up to Gamma and started swinging away. She quickly created a portal right under her feet. She fell through it and fell thought a portal on the other side of the room. "How do you like that?" Gamma said, the creature looked over at her confused. Thats when she made her move. She created a small portal close to the ground by her feet. She swung her fist down and used gravity as momentum and punched through the portal. She had created a portal right next to the creatures face and the fist came flying through it. It hit the creature full on and it staggered but didn't fall. Gamma threw several other punched at it trying to get it to go down but nothing was affecting it. She threw one more punch that sent it to its knee. It quickly recovered charged at her swinging its swords. Gamma did the only thing she could think of. She created a portal right in front of her and right behind the creature. The creature slashed at Gamma and the blade sailed through the portal and slashed its own back. It howled out in pain and if that wasn't enough it had also tried stabbing at Gamma right as it slashed with its other sword. It was slashed and stabbed in the back. It went down fast and dark mustard yellow blood fell through both sides of the portal.

"Gross," She said and she turned to see if she could help Alpha. He was rapidly throwing sharp objects at the creature that he had created out of random objects he had found in the room. He was also running around trying not to be crushed by the creature. It was slow but it only needed to get off one good hit and Alpha would be dead. There wouldn't be a lot left of him if he did.

"Could use a hand." Alpha said, ducking as a fist came dangerously close to taking off his head.

"Distract it," Gamma said. "Make it take another swing at you, then roll out of the way." "That shouldn't be that hard." Alpha said, running up to it. It turned it's relatively small sized head towards him. It then threw its arm back and let a punch fly. Alpha just stood there, completely still and waited for it to get just close enough to him.

"Now!" He yelled and rolled away. Gamma used her idea from a few moments ago and opened a portal right in front of the fist and another right next to its head. They heard a sicking snap as the neck broke and the entire skull broke. Using broke might not have been the appropriate word, Gamma would think looking back. Obliterate or liquify would be better. The creature went down on its knees, then fell flat with loud crash that shook the entire room.

"Well, our job here is done." Alpha said, dusting off his clothes.

"Thanks for the help," Gamma said sarcastically, hoping to have gotten the answer from Alpha before.

"Don't mention it." Alpha said. "Now lets get back to the others."