Chapter Nu

Chapter Nu

3 years ago.

Laboratory wing: Pandora

Diamond stood in the middle of a large circular room alone. It was the beginning of a match and he had been in this position countless times before. He wasn't worried; he always came out the victor. Regardless, he always was nervous. No number of fights could rid his anxiousness. To make matters worse, his teammates were sitting this match out and watching from the sidelines.

Diamond hated that; he hated being the center of attention. By saying that, he is lying to himself cause he loves being the center of attention. He loves the spotlight. He is always the one to talk first and talk the loudest. He hates being the center of attention whenever his ego is on the line.

He turned and looked through a small window to see the rest of his team standing there. Heart flashed him a thumbs up and Club just nodded. Spade was nowhere to be found and Diamond didn't mind one iota.

He and Diamond had had a bit of an argument. Diamond didn't listen when Spade tried explaining something during a match and it almost cost them both their lives. Diamond knew it was his fault but he couldn't accept it. He never liked being corrected. It was his biggest pet peeve. He didn't care what happened to Spade or anyone else on his team. As long as he lived, that's all that mattered.

At that moment he couldn't think of it now cause at that second, the door on the far end slid up and a tall figure walked out. Diamond instantly noticed he was very tall. He was bald with a very pale face. His head was twice as large as Diamonds. It looked normal on his larger body. His arms were long, noticeably longer than Diamonds.

Diamond noticed on the back of its hand was another hand, seemingly sown on the other side. He realized that same pattern was also on the other hand and the feet. It almost looked inhuman. Diamond thought about it a second later and realized it was inhuman.

His face was beak like, with his nose pointed at the end. His chin was pointed almost coming together like a sharp spike. His eyebrows were very thin as if they were drawn on with a pencil. One of his eyes was a greenish hue while the other was a dark blue.

He lifted his large head, craning its neck as if to study Diamond. His dark blue eye stared at him for several second before the green one turned and stared. Diamond shuttered, as if the eye was scanning him, looking through him and figuring out everything about him with just a single glance.

"Is that?" A voice from behind the man sounded. It was a flat toned voice with hits of raised tones as if his voice was cracking. It had a hint of an Irish tone.

"Him," the man said, his voice had a hint of an English accent but its seemed to drift away.

"He's" the Irish voice said again.

"Taller," the man finished for it. He turned his head and Diamond quickly noticed another face, fused on the back of the first mans head. It had the same facial features as the first man, same two eye colors except just reversed. His nose was more rounded but the chin was the same as the other.

Diamond jumped back in surprise. He was caught off guard for a second then quickly got into a fighting stance. The two faces smiled, their lips curling to the ends of their heads, ends of their lips almost connecting.

"He seems to be."

"Scared of us."

"He made a great."

"First impression." They both said, finishing each other's sentences. Diamond looked at them with a look of confusion and curiosity.

"Who are you," Diamond started, then paused and thought it over. "Guys?" He added. They smiled again.