Chapter γ (Gamma)

Chapter γ (Gamma)

Beta

"Alphabetically, wow." Beta said to herself. It was a smart idea but a better idea would have been to not split up at all. She sighed and continued walking. She was confident of where she was going, part of her special ability allowed her to see a part of the future at all times. This made it easy for her to find her way in the dark and to be warned when there was an ambush or attack close by. But what confused her was that there was nothing close by her. She could since Alpha, Gamma, and Epsilon had some trouble up ahead but they would be able to handle it on their own. She was concerned that there was no one by her, instantly her guard when up. She wouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security. She continued walking down her hallway her pulse quickening, scanning the shadows for any sign of movement. Several minutes later, she was walked to the end of the hallway. The hallway ended and opened up to a large room with several doors. It was brightly lit and had a very high ceiling. In the middle of the room there was a small figure floating in a tube of green liquid. The figure had a humanoid form with claws for fingers, a triangular head, and dark wings on its back. It was attached to a bunch of tubes connecting to its body. Beta gasped, as the thing opened its eye and stared at her. It cocked its head as if trying to take her in, then closed its eyes. Beta then heard a small voice in her head, it was deep and seemed to echo in her head. It only said one word. "Help" before the connection was broken and a scream was heard through out the room. Beta looked up to see the creature writhing in pain. Electrical shocks were traveling through the cord and electrocuting the creature. Beta then didn't have time to focus on that because just then all the doors opened and guards filled the room. Each had a different weapon and Beta knew this was going to be one heck of a fight. The first thing she did was slammed the doors shut so no one else could come in and join the fight. There was too many here already. Beta focused on the first wave coming straight at her, a team of five with no weapons but they were strong enough to pull her apart with her fists. She focused on another team with a bunch of throwing knifes and suddenly all the knives flew up in the air and straight for the first wave. They were all brought down quickly. Along with the team of knife throwers. Defenseless they quickly fell to their own weapons. Then out of both corners of her eye she saw one spearman running at her at both sides. The threw her arm up and the man on the right was quickly lifted in the air. She then brought the arm forward and the man flew across the room and collided with another group of attackers. They all when down. She then turned back to the one on the left and realized it was too late to do anything. The spearman was too close and moving too fast. Within seconds, he would run the spear right through her. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain.