Chapter Ϛ (Stigma)

Chapter Ϛ (Stigma)

Epsilon dove through the portal and reappeared on some kind of beach. There was sand below him and rocks and cliffs to his right. He looked around and didn't see anything. He looked behind him and saw a fist flying right at him. He didn't have time to react before it hit him. He fell back and fell to the sand. The man leaded over him, shaking his hand.

"Ouch, that's going to hurt a bit," he said with an evil grin. Epsilon didn't respond. He just swung his leg around, tripping the man. He fell over and before he hit the ground, teleported back on his feet.

"Nice try," he said. Epsilon quickly got up and threw rapid punches at his face. The man teleported out of the way of all of the blows, then teleported behind Epsilon pushing him to the ground again.

"Where's Beta?" Epsilon asked.

"Who? You know I can never remember her name." He replied. Epsilon got up and ran at him with anger in his eyes. He slashed at him, but the man dodged him and pulled out a large knife.

"This has been fun but I really have other things I need to do. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut our meeting short." He said and raised the knife. Then he froze, arm suspended in mid air. His eyes grew wide and he started flickering as he tried to teleport. But something was holding him there. He was lifted off the ground and with unbelievable speed was thrown against the rocky cliff face. He hit it with a loud thud and crumpled to the ground. If that didn't kill him, then the rocks that fell off the cliff and on top of him certainly did. Epsilon looked around until he saw what he was looking for. Staring at that spot with that look that could kill was Beta. Epsilon slowly started walking towards him. Beta looked over and immediately her expression softened.

"How many times do I have to save your life," she asked with a large smile. Epsilon broke into a large grin and started laughing. He ran towards her and they embraced.

"Thank you," they both said at the same time, then started laughing again. Their moment was ruined by the ground beneath them shaking. Rocks started falling off the cliff face and the water was rippling.

"What's going on?" Beta yelled over the noise.

"I don't know," Epsilon replied. "But we better get out of here." He said grabbing her arm, and running away from the beach.

* * * * *

Alpha, Gamma, Omega, and Zeet all dove through the portal and back into earth. They heard a rumbling from the other side of the portal. They all looked around the room and saw the eye patched man lying on the ground just where they left him.

"Where's Beta and Epsilon?" Alpha asked, they looked around and called out their names.

"Maybe they are on their way." Gamma said optimistically.

"Yeah," Omega said. "They'll probably jump out any minut-" But the rest of his sentence was cut off. The rumbling grew louder and louder. Just then everything on the other side of the portal exploded. Alpha covered Gamma as flames sprang into the room from the portal. Once the flames subsided, they went up to investigate the portal. There was nothing on the other side, just thick darkness.

Authors note: :) Cliffhanger.... Everyones favorite ending. I'm out of greek letters so Chapter Omega (Greek for the End) will be up like tomorrow. Its a short chapter along with the others but i just wanted to leave you in suspense for a bit

Happy Reading