Chapter τ (Tau)

Chapter τ (Tau)

Epsilon and Beta walked back to the abandoned shack. They were holding hands and walking together. They had picked a trail that avoided most of the tall grass and would allow them to walk smoothly. They had walked for a few miles when they saw a glowing light up head. It was a portal and Alpha and Gamma both jumped out of it.

"Hey, guys." Gamma said. "What are you up to?" They quickly let go of each others hand and backed away from each other. Epsilon rubbed his arm in embarrassment and they both turned red.

"Nothing just heading back," Beta said, quickly recovering. "How did you find us?"

"Saw you guys walking from the top of a hill," Gamma said. "You guys need a lift?" She concluded, creating another portal right in front of her. They all walked through it and ended up right outside the abandoned shack. They all ran and jumped through the portal. They saw the same scene they had seen when they left. Omega on the ground with a medic looking over him and the eye patched man standing in the same spot. It didn't even look like he shifted his gaze since they had left.

"So, did you take care of the problem?" The man asked the second they all stepped out of the portal.

"We're you standing there the whole time?" Gamma asked. "Time seems to stop when you enter and leave a portal. It would take too long to explain but its irrelevant." The man said, waving the question off. "Did you do what you went thought the portal for?" "Yes, yes. We destroyed the army. They shouldn't be a problem anymore." Epsilon said.

"Excellent, Excellent." The man repeated, more to himself then anyone else in the room. Then he did something that surprised everyone else in the room. He started laughing. Small chuckles to himself at first, but then the laughs got stronger and stronger until he was full on booming laughing. The team didn't know what was going on but when someone you don't really trust and tried to kill you at one point starts laughing like that, look out. They all got into fighting stances and ready for anything. The man turned back to him and slowly the laughter stopped.

"Thank you very much," he said, trying to catch his breath. "You guys have done more work then you know. Allow me to explain." He finished and suddenly there was a bright yellow light around him. They all turned away to avoid the blinding light and they turned back and there was the crumpled body of the man they were just talking to. He wasn't moving and looked stone cold. He was dead. What was even weirder was that he didn't look like he just died. He looked like he had died a long time before. Floating above him was one of the creatures. It was bigger then the others. It had two large yellow eyes, dark bluish skin with red vainly lines running across it. It had large wings that was creating a loud sound of the wind passing through it as it flapped its wings to stay afloat. He laughed again, his booming laugh, and spread his wings out and flew towards the portal. As he flew through it, there was a bright flash of light and large sound. A shock wave shot from the portal and sent everyone flying across the room. They all recovered and noticed instead of the shadows that the portal use to show, you could see directly through it. It was like there was just a small window in a room as opposed to a portal to another world.

"What happened?" Gamma yelled.

"I think I could shed some light on the matter." Came a voice from inside their heads. They all turned to see the creature that had saved them a few days ago. It looked the same as the other but it looked a bit smaller and it had green veins going down its body. In his hand was a large staff that had a glowing crystal on the end of it. He gave them what looked to be a smile and went closer.

"What did we do, what was that thing, could someone please explain the portal system to us?" Gamma asked in rapid succession. The creature laughed.

"You have many questions. Do not worry though, they will all be answered." The creature said this time out loud. His voice sounded the same as the voice he projected in other peoples heads. "Lets start with a little introduction. My name is Zeet, I am the leader of the army of the coiled snake. The army charged with the duty of keeping peace in the land and not causing the rebellion to over run our land and yours. Time went by and nothing too significant happened, until Dimasian showed up."

"The guy that just flew through the portal?" Epsilon asked.

"Yes, thats him. He raised a rebellion and told everyone they could rule two dimensions. It was the coiled snakes duty to prevent that from happening. We teamed up with the humans and this project was created. It was called the Titans project. It allowed humans, like yourselves, to receive DNA from us and have superhuman powers. You were called Titans. Soon our numbers were way larger then Dimasian's army so they were forced to go into hiding. Dimasian tried to flee through the portal and we tried following. He took the form of the man you see here" He said gesturing to the man with the eye patch. "He raised the Titans against me and imprisoned me. He then tricked you into destroying seven of my top officers." With that last comment, they all looked at each other, wide eyed and mouths open.

"We're sorry, we had no idea." Alpha said.

"Don't be sorry or sad. You didn't know. In fact, you were tricked. You thought by doing this, it would save the world. You did what you thought was right. But the problem is now we have to go back through the portal and it'll be a little harder to destroy Dimasian's army. But with the Titans behind us, we wont have any problem." The team looked at each other, then nodded,

"We're in," Beta said. "Whatever it takes." Zeet nodded and gestured to the portal with his staff. Gamma ran up to it and jumped through. Alpha went over to Omega and helped him up. They both walked over and jumped through. Zeet then walked through. Beta started to walk there but Epsilon grabbed her arm. She turned back him. He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a kiss. She was surprised at first, but then slowly kissed back. Just then, time seemed to stop and the room started to spin. Nothing else mattered, the world, the army, the bridge, nothing. Nothing else seemed important. After a few seconds, Epsilon broke the kiss.

"Whatever happens over there, I need you to know I love you." He said smiling. "Me too," she said. They, then jumped through the portal.

The battle for life or death of the human race had started.