Chapter δ (Delta)

Chapter δ (Delta)

Gamma

Gamma ran down the hallway she was assigned to. She wasn't the strongest fighter so to her, splitting up was like a death sentence. But she knew if she had to she could survive. Hopefully. She shook the thought out of her mind. She'd be fine, as long as she kept running. She ran down a few flights of stairs and across some kind of bridge. Under the bridge looked like a river some green liquid. She looked at it and realized what it was. It was the liquid that people were placed in when they were created. She remembered seeing a bunch of tubes with people floating in them and they were all filled with that liquid. Then she remembered her own experience in that liquid. She remembered trying to look out as people in white coats stared at her then at clipboards then back to her.

"Experiment Gamma," She remembered one of them saying to the other.

"Everything seems to be working perfectly," the other one said. "If everything goes well then she'll be able to create portals to anywhere she needs to go. But she won't be able to do that for a while, so she can stay here."

"Would if she gets stronger?" the other asked. "She could just portal herself out, couldn't she?

"No i doubt she'll get to be that strong, she isn't built to be a good fighter."

"I'll live long enough to kill you," she thought out loud. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway. Gamma started running the other way, she could tell that from the sound of the steps that it was around three or four chasing her. She kept on running but quickly realized they would catch up to her. She saw a fork in the road and quickly took it and hid behind the wall. She risked a peek out and saw the group running towards her. She knew it was now or never. Better to attack now when there farther rather then when they are right on top of you. She stepped out from her hiding place and stared them down. They all stopped in their tracks and looked at her confused. They weren't chasing her, they hadn't even seen her. "Whoops," Gamma thought. But now after they recovered they started running towards her to attack. She acted quickly. Gamma created a portal right behind the attackers and a portal that led to that one right under her. She fell through and in a nanosecond, ended up right behind them. Her special abilities for portals included the ability to create a portal to a random place that she hasn't been before and the other is to be able to create portals that lead to the parallel portal of a place she's been before. Now she had just portalled herself back to the bridge, right where the guards were standing a few seconds ago. The guards had once again stopped and looked confused.

"Hey, over here," Gamma said. They turned and looked back and saw her. They seemed to regain themselves and started running at her again. Gamma stood completely still, waiting. Then when they were at a certain speed she placed a portal right in front of them and the parallel portal right in front of the wall a few feet in front of her. They all collided with it head on and laid in a pile on the floor. They weren't getting back up.

"Isn't built to be a good fighter? Well, who needs that," She said to herself, and continued down the hallway. It wasn't long before she found a way out. A window on the first floor that lead to a dark forest. "Well, it's not pretty but its better then this place," she thought she placed a portal there so they could get to it again when that had to. "I'd better go find everyone else." She turned and ran down the hallway up a few flights of stairs and ended up in front of a door. She stuck her head in and looked around. "This doesn't look good," she said aloud.