Chapter Psi

Chapter Psi

Beta awoke to a ringing in her ears and a throbbing headache. She looked around and noticed she was in a small room. Around the room, the rest of her team was sitting up, clutching their heads in pain. Beta quickly noticed none of them had any injuries. She turned and caught eyes with Epsilon.

Epsilon turned over and saw Beta sitting there, slowing waking up. He made a face that conveyed that he understood what she was going though and cracked his neck. He looked around the room and saw his entire team and two extras. Club and Diamond were lying in a corner of the room, cuffed to the wall, still out cold. Beta noticed he then started to look around the room for anyone else.

"Omega and Theta are gone," she said softly. The rest of her team turned and looked over quickly.

"What?" Gamma asked.

"Before we were knocked out, I warned Omega about G.E.A.R. He told me that they were already gone. They wanted to get as far away from this mess as possible, and I don't blame them."

"So he left with out even saying good bye?" Alpha asked. "That's rude of him."

"You'll get over it," Epsilon retorted. "So where are they?"

"I don't know," Beta replied.

"Better question, where are we?" Gamma asked. They all looked around the room. From what they could tell, they were in a small room on an airplane. The walls were shaking and they could hear a faint sound of the roar of the engine.

"Gamma?" Epsilon asked. She stuck out a hand and a small green dot appeared in front of her hand that quickly faded. She groaned loudly.

"No luck." They had all known that the drug that knocked them out, impairs their ability to use their powers for about ten minutes, until they can concentrate enough to use it.

"Well, looks like we need to make an emergency landing," Epsilon said, standing and walking to the door that read G.E.A.R on the side. He looked out a small window and noticed the halls were clear. He firmly grabbed the handle and pushed.

Oddly enough, the door slid open. Epsilon looked back, confused. The rest of the team looked at the door skeptically. He slowly and silently lowered a wrist blade. Alpha and Beta quickly stood and took up sides by the door. Gamma raised a foot and slid out a knife from under her sole.

Epsilon pointed two fingers at Alpha and Gamma and then pointed outside the door. They both nodded and slowly slid out the door. Beta started walking out but Epsilon grabbed her arm. She turned back and looked directly at him, her eyes piercing.

"Listen, I know this isn't the best time but it may be the only time," Epsilon said. Beta looked back at him confused but listened. Epsilon took a deep breath before going on.

"Beta," he finally said. "Will you marry me?"

The question took her back. She stood there in silence for a moment before a small smile spread on her face and she nodded. Epsilon returned the smile. They quickly shared a kiss before remembering where they were and what they were doing.

They quickly ran out past the stunned remainder of their team. Alpha just stood there with his jaw dropped.

"About time," Gamma said and followed the couple, with Alpha trailing close behind.

They turned down a hallway and noticed several men sitting around a small TV. They were sitting right in front of a large door labeled emergency exit. Alpha pointed at the door and they all nodded.

They slowly approached the door. When they got close enough, they could hear the news report and realized they were on it.

"I'm standing where apparently several explosions and a high speed chase was reported," the news reporter was saying.

"Many people reported hearing gun shots and explosions around this area and called into the local authorities, which are not available for questioning. They reported seeing several people fighting in the middle of the street before a series of explosions and shots fired. No one was injured, several cars were damaged but that was the majority of the damage. A film studio took credit for the incident today, claiming that the damage was caused from a misunderstanding while filming for an upcoming movie called G.E.A.R. The movie studio would like to issue an apology for the damage caused. In other news." The news reporter said as the Titans quick listening.

"Were on T.V." Gamma said giddily. The rest of the team gave her a weird look and then looked back. Epsilon quickly found a small box around their hiding spot. He reached back and hurled it across the room. It clattered to the floor across the room. The guards looked over and quickly stood, all drawing small guns. They slowly approached the spot.

Alpha held up his hand with three fingers up. He dropped one, and then dropped the other, then the last one. They all jumped out from their hiding spot and ran at the guards. Before they could react, the Titans were already on top of them. Even with out their powers, they were quickly able to terminate the team.

Alpha ran over to the door and pried it open, kicking it out of the window. It quickly fell out of the window and they felt the strong wind blowing through out the cabin.

"See ya," Alpha said and leaped out, quickly followed by Gamma. Beta and Epsilon ran over to the door.

Just then, another door opened and Jason walked in, followed by several G.E.A.R officers. They all had their guns drawn and aimed at Beta and Epsilon. Epsilon noticed the red dots on Beta and himself.

"Go," he whispered quietly to Beta. She just stood there.

"I'm not leaving," She replied. Epsilon saw the soldiers walking forward and reacted quickly. He pushed Beta out of the path of fire and out the door. Epsilon turned to jump but heard a voice behind him.

"Stop!" Jason yelled. Epsilon didn't wait to hear what he had to say.

"Listen Krew," Epsilon said. "We're the good guys. We can practically do your job for you, so leave us alone." He said and turned to jump.

"You're 12,000 feet in the air," Jason laughed. "You'll never survive."

"You forget Krew," Epsilon said looking back. "We're the Titans." He said and leaped.

...You may think its the end, but there is still Chapter Omega to go...