Chapter 4 : All at Once

We win game 2, so we lay 2-0 over the Blackhawks which is good.

"Hey." Alec say wiping is sweat as he kisses me. "Nice game today boys!" I yell. They all smile at me and nod. "Thank you." Some say.

"How about we go out to dinner tonight?" Alec asks. "Your funny, you need rest for tomorrow and I do too." I say. "That's right, your last show." Alec says. I roll my eyes and he smiles kissing my cheek.

"I'm kidding, I knew you had a show." He says walking to his locker. I follow him and the boys smirk. "Talking about your show, are they showing all of your work?" Jeff asks slipping on a clean shirt. "Ya." I say as Alec grabs my hand.

I turn to him and he hands me a bottle of water. "Thanks." I say as I open it. He nods and pulls up a chair next to his. I sit down and watch as he unties his skates. "Oh I forgot, we're going to the Dodger game on Sunday." Alec says. "Okay that fine." I say nodding.

Alec nods and begins to take interviews.

~*~
The next day I wake up and have to start getting ready right away. I walk to the bathroom and see Alec with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Good morning." He says leaning down to kiss me. "Good morning." I say as I throw my towel on the counter.

I undress myself and feel Alec's eyes on me as I do. I shake my head and see the corner of his lips form a smile. "Perv." I say as I get into the shower. "You're my wife I get the right to look at you." He says.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Plus, not like I haven't seen anything before." He adds. Jesus, what a pervert he is.

~*~
When I'm finished dressed Alec gets the kids into the car.

"Well doesn't my wife look hot

"Well doesn't my wife look hot." Alec asks kissing me as I get into the car. "Thank you." I say admiring his fitted tux.

He smiles and pulls out the drive way.

~*~
When we get to the museum Alec takes care of the kids while I greet everyone. My whole family was there. My dad, Amanda, Beatrice, Natalie, Patrick, Sam, Michelle, Cody, Christine, Nolan, Mark, and even Adam. Not to mention my friends Matthew, Selena, Jennie, and Mia. Majority of the Kings were here and even the Blackhawks.

I was thankful.

Someone's taps there glass and someone steps onto the stage. I'm surprised to see its Alec. He never likes the attention and there is a lot of people here.

He smiles and Matthew hands him the microphone. "Now where is she?" Alec asks. "Right here!" Jeff yells pointing at me. I blush and Jeff smirks as he pushes me up to the front where Alec is.

Alec smiles down at me before helping me onto the stage. Alec begins, "I don't like photography, never did. But Alina's, it's beautiful. You can fall in love with it every time you'd stand in front of it. I know it's hard for her to let go of her passion in photography because it's her daily life. You can notice it in the second she lifts up her camera to her eyes to snap a picture when the corner of her lips form into a bright smile. It's beautiful I think, just like her photography. It's hard to find a job that you actually enjoy doing. Alina found that, and that's one of the things I love about her."

I smile up at him as he grabs my hand. "Your turn." Alec whispers as he hands me the microphone. "What no." I say. Alec smiles and I roll my eyes for the fifth time today probably.

I look at the big crowd and scan it. I stop at a familiar face. Jonathan's. My heart drops, but I don't say anything.

"I started in a small house in New York with my four siblings. Michelle, Jeff, Christine, and Sam. I have to say I got all my achievements with them by my side. They were the ones who pushed me to be better at what I do. To take the job in Chicago, and the one by Matthew. It was an amazing experience to have my photography shown in museums all over the world. To tour the world even. But sadly I must stop. I have three children with one on the way that need their mothers love to raise and love them. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything with them. Thank you for joining my family and I on my last show." I say smiling. Everyone claps and I climb off the stage with Alec's help.

I spy Jonathan, alone again as he stares at my work. His hands shoved in his pockets and his eyes focused on the picture.

I excuse myself from Alec and walk over to Jonathan.

He stands quiet, probably not knowing I'm here next to him. "Congratulations on your retirement." Jonathan says turning to me. "Thank you?" I say not sure if he actually means it or mot.

He nods and turns to me, looking at me for the first time in five years. "Hello again, Alina." He says with his hands still shoved in his pockets.

"Hello." I say crossing my arms, all of a sudden feeling very uncomfortable. "How are you?" He asks finally taking his hands out of his pockets. "I could be better, but I'm fine." I say brushing my hands across the wall. "That's good." he say smiling. The first time I have seen him smiling.

I look away from him and he stays quiet. "You have kids." Jonathan says. "Yes. I do." I say as I look at Douglas. "You?" I ask. "Ya, two." He says.

"That's good." I say nodding. "Yes, it is." He says. I stay quiet for awhile and he chuckles. "Don't make this awkward Alina. I did come here for you." He says.

I turn to him and cross my arms. "All these letters you have wrote to me and the time I'm standing in front of you, your quiet?" He asks. "I just can't believe you came." I say shifting from one leg to another. "It's what you wanted." He says.

"Like you've ever cared about what I wanted." I say beginning to walk away. He grabs my wrist and I turn to him.

"What now?" I ask. "It was a mistake inviting you here clearly." I add. "You really hate me huh?" Jonathan asks. "You did leave me at the altar." I say.

"Fine if it makes you happy, I'll leave." He says letting go of my hand. "Ha ha your funny, let's talk about you leaving my sister at the wedding and had the guts to not even tell her why." Jeff says.

"Jeff leave him alone," I say. Jeff rolls his eyes and turns to Jonathan. "Coffee tomorrow morning, at the corner coffee shop. You know which one." Jonathan says before walking out.