Chapter 44 : A is for Airhead

Song (Patrick and Alina moment)
I Will Be There by Odessa

"I'm sorry Alec." I say crying. "This is your fault. Every time people ask if you're okay you always say yes!" Alec yells. "This is not my first child I lost because of you Alina, this is my second."

"It isn't just you in this Alec! I also lost my child too! You think it's hard for you? Well it is for me also. I'm the one who has to carry them around and just to lose a baby and think it was for nothing is so damn irritating." I say.

"A isn't for Alina. A is for airhead, because you are so damn clueless of how this effects me. If someone asks if you're okay you say the damn truth, especially if you're pregnant. You know that Alina." Alec says.

"Oh I'm sorry you must of not listened to me when I said this isn't a loss for just you. I also lost my baby." I say. "Yes, because you didn't tell the truth." He says.

"Oh shut up Alec you act like this was the only chance you had at having a baby. You have five." I say. Alec stares at me in embarrassment before leaving the room.

"Hello Mrs. Martinez, my name is Dr. Rich." A man says walking into the room. "Um Kane." I say.

"Pardon?" He asks confused. "My last name is Kane." I say. "Oh sorry." He says clicking his pen and crossing something out.

"Anyways as I was saying, you lost your child." He says. I nod already knowing that. "Your child was a boy, would you like to name him for the birth and death certificate?" He asks.

"Um yes, I'll need to asks the father before." I say. Dr. Rich nods and writes something down.

"So I've also found out that your body isn't in any condition to hold a baby anymore." He says too fast. I turn to him in shock and he sighs. "Your body is too fragile. You aren't eating enough which resulted in your baby not eating enough and not growing like they're suppose to be. Your uterus is not stable enough to hold a baby and you're not eating right is what I'm trying to say." He says.

Jonathan grabs ahold of my hand and I wipe my tears. "I'm sorry." Dr. Rich says. I nod and he checks my vitals before leaving.

"I can't believe this." I say thinking about what he just said to me. "Alina." Jonathan says grabbing my hand.

"Please I just want to be alone." I say softly. Jonathan nods and kisses my forehead before leaving.

I couldn't have children anymore? I wasn't stable enough to handle a child. I wipe the tears that fall down my cheeks and I sigh as the door opens revealing Drew, Quickie, Jeff and Andy.

"Hey." I say taking a deep breath. "Hi." They say placing the flowers they brought for me at the end of the bed.

"Hey boys can I get a second with Alina?" Patrick asks as he walks in. They nod and leave.

"Alina, I know how much you've been going through lately." He says placing his hand on mine. I stay quiet waiting for him to finish. "And you know I'll always be there for you." He says squeezing my hand. "Yes I know that." I say not looking at him.

"Alina, these past few years you've went to a cousin I never knew to a sister to me. You've became so important me you just don't know. I never want to see you sad, or angry at yourself. Alec may be blaming you for what happened, but he has to remember that somethings just happen out of the blue. This could be the start of something really good Alina." Patrick says smiling at the end.

"This isn't good Patrick. I just lost my second child." I say crying. Patrick brings me into a hug and I cry so hard. "You have to stop doing this to yourself Alina. Just because your brother in law said that your the reason why drama and bad things happen doesn't mean it's true. You know what I think? I think that you're the reason why this family sticks together. I think that you're the reason why Jonathan, your kids, and I am happy. I think that you're the start of something exciting and fun. You are you, I am me. We do our thing and we have fun doing it. Yes there's things in the middle, like mountains. We climb them and yes when we reach the top we have a party and then we go sliding down which is even better because it's fun. Then we start again. Alina that's life, that's how life is suppose to be. It isn't all cupcakes and candy. Sometimes it's vegetables." He says.

I chuckle and he kisses my forehead. "I never want to see you destroy yourself." He says hugging me. "Your okay, we're okay. Remember?" He asks. I nod and try my best to stop my tears.

"I'm going to let everyone in now. Is that okay?" He asks. I nod and he gets up to walk to the door. Everyone walks in, including Jonathan.

"Hey kiddo, you alright?" Quickie asks. I nod and he smiles. "Jaclyn went to get you something to eat, and also get you some clothes." He says. "Tell  her thank you, and not to rush." I say smiling.

He nods and sits down. "How do you manage to be alive still? You are one crazy girl. You're like Meredith Grey." Drew says. "You watch Grey's Anatomy?" Keilani asks as she walks in. "Yes I do, with my girlfriend." He says.

"Of course you do." Keilani says stirring her coffee. Drew blushes and takes a seat. Andy hands me a box of tissues. "Thank you." I say chuckling. He nods and takes a seat next to Patrick.

I look around and smile. These were the people who always were there for me. Not Christine, Michelle, Sam, Mark, April, or Cody.

It was just Jonathan, Patrick, Jeff, Keilani, Quickie, Andy, Drew, Jaclyn, and I. I made my own family these passed years, and I honestly love them more than the one that was given to me.

"Say cheese." Adam says walking into the room. I'm caught off guard and before I know it the flash of his camera goes off. "Oh god." I say laughing. Adam smiles and looks at the picture. "Perfect." He says.

I smile and Jonathan walks over to look at the picture. "Flawless."

This was my family. This was the family I never had, but always wished for. A family where there we're hardly any fights and more laughter. A family filled with love and kindness. A family where no one dares to think of stabbing one another in the back.