Chapter 30 : Live

"Alina, what are you doing down here? And why are you crying?" I hear Jonathan's voice behind me. I turn around and he stands there looking as if he was holding in a laugh.

"What do you mean? My dad is suppose to be in that room." I say with tears rolling down my cheeks. "They moved him downstairs. He's awake." Jonathan says chuckling. "We left you a voicemail to tell you." He adds. "Oh, oops." I say before wiping my tears.

We all walk to the elevator and ride it two floors down in an awkward silence. "What are you two so quiet about?" Jonathan asks a Patrick use our facial expressions to talk instead of actually talking.

"Nothing." Patrick says smiling innocently. Jonathan stares at the two of us before nodding. "Is Douglas coming?" He asks. "Yes, he's coming with Alec soon." I say as I take out my phone to text Alec the new floor and room number my dad is in.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Jonathan asks when we step off. "Um" I say before looking at Patrick. Patrick nods encouraging me to do so and I nod at Jonathan, "Sure."

We go off to the side and Jonathan stares at me. "I'm getting a divorce with Danise." Jonathan says. "What does this have to do with me?" I ask. "It doesn't, I'm just telling you." He says. "And turns out Annabelle and Alina, aren't my daughters. They were someone else's." He adds.

"Who?" I ask. "You're not going to like this." He says shaking his head. "They're Alec's." Jonathan says speaking too fast. I stay quiet for a moment before looking away from Jonathan. "Why are you telling me this?" I ask.

Jonathan smiles and places a hand on my shoulder as he wipes away my tear with the other. "Because no matter how much you hate me or how far apart we are. I will always still love you as the girl I met seven years ago." Jonathan says. "I'll catch up with you later okay?" Jonathan says before taking a step back from me.

"Wait!" I say. I walk up to him and lightly kiss his cheek. But Jonathan being Jonathan, he pulls away and pulls me into a real kiss.

I widen my eyes before blushing. Jonathan smiles before slowly turning it into a smirk.

"Wow again." Patrick says behind me. I roll my eyes and we walk towards my dads room. Camila, Grace, Douglas, and Frank join us. "Hey kiddo's." I say bringing them into a hug. "Mom we saw papa." Douglas says smiling.

"Oh that's good honey." I say smiling at him. "He told us he wants to see you." Frank says. "Oh okay." I say picking up Grace. "Hi mommy." Grace says giggling.

I smile and she stares at me with her wide eyes. We walk into my dad's room and he turns to us. "Hi Alina." He says smiling. "Hi dad." I say walking over to his bed to plant a kiss on his forehead.

"How are you feeling?" I ask putting Grace down. "Good, but you guys should go home. It's only 2 in the afternoon. You guys can go catch a movie or something." He says. "Plus Amanda tells me that you guys were here since I've been here." He adds.

I look down at my children and then back at my dad. "Seriously go Alina." Dad says waving me away. "Fine." I say nodding. Dad smiles and I walk over to him to give him a hug. "I'm glad your alive and doing well." I whisper. "Me too, I don't want to miss another thing in your life." He says rubbing my back.

I smile and he winks before waving to the kids and Alec.