Chapter 37 : On Our Own

We go to lunch at some small restaurant in the city. "You guys back together or just friends?" Mia asks curious.

"Well, we've never discussed-"
"Yes, we're back together." I say cutting Jonathan off. Jonathan chuckles and nod. "Yup back together." He says surprised of my actions as I grab ahold of his hand.

"How cute, I knew it was meant to be." Selena says smiling. Jonathan blushes and I chuckle at how shy he has been the past couple of days.

"Anyways we came for a visit because we needed to talk to you." Matthew says. "Oh okay what's up?" I ask.

"When's the last time you talked to Sam?" Jennie asks. "Um about a month ago, we don't talk much." I say. "Ya well did he tell you he had a baby?" Selena asks. "No, like I said we haven't talked for awhile now." I say. "Ya, well April just called us and said the baby isn't Sam's." Mia says.

"Well why the hell is she telling you guys? Shouldn't she be telling Sam this or even one of his sisters?" I ask.

"What's up with babies this past month, and the people you want to be the dad isn't." I say standing up from my chair.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go to Sam's house and check up on him." I say. "Okay I'll stay here with them." Jonathan says. "You sure? I can take you home if you want." I say. Jonathan shakes his head and nod smiling.

"Okay I'm sure I'll see you four around." I say hugging them. "I'll see you tonight." I say leaning down to kiss Jonathan. "Your coming over?" He asks. "No honey you're coming over." I say chuckling.

Jonathan nods and smiles. "Okay then." He says before I leave.

~*~
I get to Sam's house and he doesn't seem to answer the door, but his car was in the driveway so I use the spare key under the plant by his door and open the door.

I walk in and see the couple fighting and throwing things across the room. This was not a good time to be here.

"Oh hi Alina." April says turning to me. "Hi, I didn't mean to barge in or anything." I say turning around to the door. "No it's fine please, sit." She says pointing to the couch.

Sam widens his eyes and looks at the baby monitor and tries his best to slowly move to it to block it.

"Sam I know." I say. "How?" He asks. "I just do. You act like I wouldn't find out." I say. "Well I'm sorry." He says.

"You don't have to apologize I was just gonna come here to check on you. I, myself have some news." I say.

Sam raises an eyebrow and look down at my stomach. "I'm, pregnant." I say smiling. "Oh wow congratulations." He says hugging me. "Ya, back at you." I say.

They stay quiet for awhile and I nod. "Look I'lll come and visit the little one later one day. You two discuss whatever you were discussing." I say slowly making my way to the front door.

They nod and April mouths a thank you at me. I nod and close the door once I'm out.

My phone rings and its Jonathan.

"Hello?"
"Hey, um I'm buying our plane tickets for Las Vegas, you know for the award ceremony. The ceremony is next Friday. When do you wanna leave?"
"Well Chase's funeral is on Wednesday and today is, Monday so I'll say we go early and leave this Friday."
"Sounds good."

We stay quiet on the line for a moment before Jonathan let's out a chuckle. "Okay I'll see you at the house soon." He says before hanging up.

I get into my car and drive off home. I was sick of this baby nonsense and all these people fighting. Alec and I fighting was enough but now my brother has to go through the pain of knowing his fiancé cheating on him.

Alec, just knowing I'll see him on Friday makes me nervous. Will he have a date? Where are the kids going to be? How is he handling it with them anyways?

I shouldn't even be thinking of these questions I knew Alec enough to know he wouldn't hurt the children. Plus who cares if he has a date? I'll be having on anyways. But there's still a hole he made in my heart when I found out he cheated on me. That our love was based on a lie. I was officially not over Alec Martinez, even if he did all those things to me. I couldn't get him out of my head. He was everywhere.

Then there was Jonathan. I wouldn't be able to trust him for a long time. I don't know if it was a lie about him not wanting to hurt me or it was part of the plan this whole time.

I wasn't ready for any of this. I wasn't ready to move on. This was way too fast for my liking. I have children to remember. Do they approve of Jonathan? Do they like him? Would they be able to spend one whole school year with him and I in the same house? Would they accept that sometimes he's going to pick them up from school or drop them up?

I was so nervous for this new chapter of life I could barley handle it. But hey we never go through a chapter on our own.