Chapter 29 : Earn My Love

Natalie grabs ahold of her mom as she cries her eyes out. "He's my forever." She cries.

~*~
2011

I heard the screams of Jonathan calling my name. It was when I got in a car accident. Just because you yell after your hurt ones doesn't mean they're your forever right? I mean look at Jonathan and I now. We're torn apart.

I miss him, I truly do. But after what I have been through, I would no longer love him the same way I did five years ago.

Jonathan leaves my hospital room after doctors yell at him and he doesn't say anything, but leaves. I guess people do give up on you eventually.

~*~
Doctors say my dad is showing brain activity, but he just won't wake up. Alec was now at the hospital with us. He knew how much I needed him here at a time like this.

"Here are your clothes." Patrick says handing me some clean clothes in a bag. "Thank you." I say smiling. He nods and I walk to the restroom to change.

When I was done I walk back out to everyone in dad's room. "Tell me something Alina." Danise says. "What?" I ask. "You really trust your friends?" She asks. "Yes I do, because unlike you they aren't fake." I say as Quickie and Jaclyn walk into the room.

"Think again." She whispers. But little did she knew, I knew about everything. "Hi Alina how are you holding up honey?" Jaclyn asks handing me flowers for my dad. "I'm doing fine." I say hugging her. She nods and moved aside so I can greet Quickie.

"Where are the little ones?" I ask. "Oh Jeff is on his way with them." He says. "Oh wow, baby sitter Jeff?" I ask. Jonathan chuckles and I walk over to Alec who sits next to Drew and Patrick. Drew smiles at me before looking over to the door to see someone walking in.

"Diana?" Danise asks smiling. Diana smiles and they both hug each other. My question is how are all these people here? This is a family problem. I didn't mind the team being here, but Danise and Diana? They had no business being in this room at all.

"How is he?" Diana asks. "He's fine." Beatrice says nodding. "Good." Diana says. I scoff and she turns to me clueless. "You act like you want to know. Cut the crap." I say shaking my head. "Alina, I may be mean as hell, but I do care for other people's family members who are in the hospital." Diana says nodding.

"Sounds fishy if you ask me." I say rolling my eyes. "Fine think what you think, because I do have a heart." She says sitting down next to Jonathan. "Everyone does, it  keeps us alive." Patrick says. Diana glares at Patrick before turning back to me.

Andy, Tyler, Corey, and Andrew walk in and look around the room before spotting me. "How are you holding in?" Corey asks. Unlike Andy and Tyler they weren't there when my mom passed away so they didn't know the things I went through. They also still have their parents around. Andrew has a mom, but no dad and Corey has no parents around.

Us three knew each other well, except for the five year gap we missed out on. "I'm fine." I sigh. "Okay good." Andrew says nodding. Hospital were now known as my fourth home. New York being my first, Chicago my second, LA my third, and since I was always visiting hospitals through out my life it became my fourth. Seems sad, but I think of it as a safe place, for a home.

"You don't want to go home?" Andrew asks. "You should get some rest and take a shower. Maybe even a home cooked meal?" Andrew asks. "No, if something happens I want to be here." I say looking over to my dad. "Come on Alina, you need some sleep." Alec says grabbing my hand. "I don't see why I can just sleep here." I say shrugging.

"Alina." Patrick says. "You should go home." He says. "Fine, let's go."

~*~

When we all get home, and when I say 'we' I mean Corey, Andrew, Andy, Tyler, Jeff, Quickie, Jacyln, Madison, Carter, Alec and Drew. Frank, Grace, Douglas, and Camila went home with Natalie to spend time with her and Beatrice.

"Go upstairs and get some sleep. When you wake up the food will be ready." Alec says before kissing the top of my forehead. I nod before waving goodbye to everyone and walking upstairs. Before I get into bed and take a nice long nap I go to the bathroom and take a shower.

When I was done I couldn't stop thinking of my dad and the possibly reason he could die. But there was only one that could keep him alive-he would wake up.

I didn't let my mind tell me bad things so I go in bed and fell asleep.

~*~

When I woke up I checked my phone to see multiple missed calls from Jonathan and Natalie. I begin to get worried so I quickly call them back, except both of wouldn't answer. I quickly throw on some jeans, a random white shirt, and some vans.

I rush downstairs almost falling down. Everyone was in the backyard so I run to the back. "I think something happened at the hospital so I'm gonna go." I say. "I'll come with." Patrick says. I nod and we walk to my car.

When we get to the hospital my feet wouldn't stop running towards the familiar room my dad was in, Except this time he wasn't in it. He was gone.