Chapter 27 : In Life We Lie

My heart beat was racing and I knew Jonathan wasn't going to step up to be a dad to Douglas due to Danise.

"Okay. Knows what?" Jonathan says chuckling. "He knows you're his dad." I say beginning to push Camila on the swing.

"I don't see what's the problem." He says. Knowing him he's probably pacing the room trying to figure out the right words to say to me. As if I was someone famous.

"Well he knows you're his dad. That's the problem. Now you have a choice." I say. "Continue." He says. "You can either be a dad to him or either go back to Chicago and let Alec do the job." I say.

"First of all being a dad isn't a job. You don't get paid and second of all, Alina what kind of question is that? Of course I want to see my son." Jonathan says. "What about Danise. Jonathan I swear if she touches-"

"Alina calm down." He says knowing I will say things I will regret later on. "Anyway I was calling because Danise is on her way to Alec's interview. I heard her and Diana talking about getting him on their side." He says. "Alec wouldn't agree to it." I say.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask. "Because, I still care for you no matter how long it's been. Plus it's the least I can do." He says. "Thanks." I say quietly. "Your welcome." He says.

"I guess I'll see you later." I say before hanging up. Alec wouldn't take any deal from Danise right?

~*~

Later in the day we decide to go out for dinner to celebrate. The whole team, coaches, managers, on the road helpers, and most of the staff join us also. Not to mention most of the family members of the boys too.

We took up most of the restaurant, which we didn't care about. We were so excited that we won the cup this year.

Jonathan was going so he can spend time with Douglas, but lied to Danise saying he was going to talk to Alec about their 'plan'.

"Aren't you lucky to have a cousin like mine?" Patrick asks. "I mean she's 30 going on 30 and hot still." Patrick says smirking. "I think about that everyday." Alec says smiling before taking my hand in his.

"Mommy where's Uncle Sam?" Douglas asks. "Sam went back home to Chicago." I say. "Aw." Douglas says with a frown. I frown and take his hand with my free one.

When we get into the restaurant we're greeted with beers from Quickie. "Thanks bud." Alec says smiling before clinking their beers together. He nods and smiles at me. "Looking good as always." He says. "Thank you." I say smiling. He nods and begins to talk to Keilani.

"Ahhh!" Drew and Andy yell running over to me. I chuckle and they both bring me into a hug. "Someone's drunk." I say as they begin to dance around me. "Not even." Andy says smiling. I roll my eyes and they look at my beer in my hands.

"You gonna drink that?" Drew slurs. "No." I say as he takes it out of my hand. "You better take a taxi back home." I scold him. "Yes mother." He says rolling his eyes.

They both walk away and Tyler walks up to us. "Hello." He says smiling. "Hi." Frank says. Frank loved Tyler, he was his roll model. "Hey kiddo." Tyler says bringing him into a bro hug. "How you doing?" Tyler asks.

"Good and you?" Frank asks smiling. "Good." Tyler says chuckling. "Oh Alina, isn't that your ex?" Tyler asks. I turn around and expect it to be Jonathan, but it ends up being Justin.

What was he doing here? Justin turns and spots me out of the crowd. "Alina, I've been calling you." He says nervously. "I have a new number." I say chuckling. "Well this is important." He says.

I nod and he tries his best to look at me straight in the eyes. "Your dad, he's in coma."