Chapter 14 : My Life

"What are you doing here?" Danise asks. "I'm here to see Chase." I say looking at Chase. "No, you can't be here. You left us. You don't deserve to be here." Danise spits.

My heart drops and everyone had their eyes on me. "Exactly, you can't even disagree with me."

I stand up and bend down to Chase and plant a kiss on his forehead before placing an envelope next to his bed side that read,

Dear Chase,
Thank you for what you've done to help me achieve my life goals. Nothing will ever explain how much I'm thankful for you. I'll miss your jokes and your wise words that taught me many things. I'll miss your bright smile and how you never gave up. Say hello to my mom in heaven would you? Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on the boys. Yes, including Jonathan. I won't make this long, since you need all the time you can get with family. And yes, I'll take your offer.

Love,
Alina Kane-Martinez

I smile one more time at the sleeping Chase before Danise snatches the envelope off the night stand. I try to grab it from her, but she pushes me hard enough for me to fall on my stomach and hit my head. Then I fall into darkness.

Jonathan's POV

"Danise what the hell did you do!" I yell looking at the blood dripping from Alina's lower body. "She's pregnant." Adam says bending down to her body quickly. "The least you can do Danise is call a doctor." I say growling at her.

Danise rolls her eyes and walks out. Knowing her, she'll take her time so I rush out the room yelling for help.

Doctors enter the room and run to Alina's body. Chase wakes up and looks around the room before looking at the floor and noticing Alina's body.

"What the hell happened?" He asks. I shake my head and the doctors begin to help Alina onto a gurney.

Doctors roll her out the room and Adam follows her while I sit behind with Chase. "Danise happened." I say pushing back my hair. "Your such an idiot. Let that woman go. All she's ever done to us is cause trouble. Alina's pregnant and if she lost her baby she will go after Danise." Chase says starring at me. "Trust me, I know." I say reaching towards Alina's bag to use her phone to call Alec.

~*~
We wait about four hours before we hear some news about Alina. She'll be pissed when she wakes up though. Alec was taking the next plane flight to Chicago which was good, so he might lighten up the mood.

I sit beside her bed waiting for her to wake up. Danise had gone to the police station to explain what happened. Most likely she'll bribe them to get herself out of this mess.

Patrick and Keilani walk into the room fully dressed with Pajamas and slip on house shoes.

"What the hell happened!" Patrick yells looking at Alina. "Danise pushed her." I say. "Dude, are you serious? You didn't even do anything about that?" Patrick asks grabbing Alina's hand.

"What am I suppose to do? If I divorce her she'll kill Alina. And you know that." I say. "She has caused so much shit Jonathan, what the hell is wrong with you? She just made Alina have a miscarriage plus a concussion. Danise has to go." Patrick says sitting down.

"Well then why don't you be in my shoes?" I ask. Patrick rolls his eyes and pays his attention back to Alina.

Alina's POV

I wake up and slowly gain my eyesight back. Jonathan was on my right, Patrick and Keilani on my left, and Andrew, Adam, and Corey were in front of my bed.

I move my hands towards my stomach and feel a bunch of padding there. "Oh my god." I say quickly and start breathing quickly. "I lost my baby huh?" I ask on the verge of crying. Patrick nods and I scream, crying.

"No!" I yell wrapping my hands softly around my stomach. Alec rushes into the room and looks at my with his puppy face. "Oh Alina, honey." He says pushing through the boys trying to get to me.

He kisses my forehead before bringing me into a soft hug. "Shh, I got you." He says as I cry into his arms. "I lost our baby Alec." I cry. "It's okay, it's okay." He says running his fingers through my hair.

"That was our baby Alec. Our baby. He's gone." I cry. "Alina, honey calm down. We can just make another one." Alec says. "No Alec, that was a child's life. A life. It was my fault, all my fault." I say looking at him. "Alina it's not your fault, none of this was your fault. Stop blaming everything on yourself." Alec says.

"He was just a child, not even born yet." I say. "It's okay." Alec says.

~*~
My life was ruined. I couldn't go the award ceremony, I lost my child, and I couldn't even walk yet.

Alec holds my hand and Patrick tries to convince me to eat something. "Patrick please." I say tiredly. He nods and I squeeze Alec's hand. Jonathan was still here, but what surprised me was that Danise was know where to be found.

I never done anything to Danise, never tried to hurt her at all. Yet she made me kill my own baby. I was mad. This wasn't gonna slip at all.