Epilogue

14 years later
I was now 47 years old. Camila and Grace were now 16, Andrée is 14, Douglas is 19, and Frank is 28. We were at the NHL draft for Douglas. I was so excited to see some old teammates including Andrew. His son will soon be in the game too, yes he had a son with Andrea, they're married. Frank plays for the Los Angeles Kings which wasn't a big surprise since half of the staff there are old friends of Alina. Including Quickie, Drew, Jeff, and Alec.

I, myself have retired to try and raise the kids as best as I could. That was until Camila told me I wasn't myself without hockey and said it would be best if I started coaching a team. So I started looking for open spaces and I got offered one. I am the coach of the Chicago Blackhawks.

I was close to home and the kids were big enough to stay at home if they didn't want to go to the games. Camila wants to go to law school, and Grace wants to become a surgeon. Andrée just wants to see where her life will take her for now. I was proud of them all.

Patrick is one of the assistant coaches for the Chicago Blackhawks and Corey is the goaltending coach. Alina's family have been keeping their distance besides Jeff and Patrick. Oh I almost forgot, Adam is the manger of photography. We've stayed as close friends. Alina's dad passed away two years ago and mine recently passed away.

"We proudly select from the London Knights from the Ontario Hockey League Douglas Toews." Someone says. I look up to the stage and realize I wasn't listening to half of it. "Dad." Douglas says as he waits for me to bring him into a hug. "Right." I say standing up quickly. I bring him into a hug and he begins to hug the rest of his siblings.

Douglas didn't turn out to be like me. He was more like Patrick, 1st overall pick, was on the same team, London Knights, and also went to the same National Hockey team. Chicago Blackhawks.

I smile as Douglas goes on stage to get his jersey and to take a picture with the staff. I clap and Andrée takes as many pictures as she could. "I'm so proud of him." She says smiling. "Not too bad little brother." Frank says nodding. "She would be proud." He adds. I smile.

I have accepted the fact that Alina has passed away. I really have. It's hard to find someone right for me thought, but I did go on a date last week. Her name is Brit, she's nice. Brit accepts that I'm a father and work a lot since I have a team to coach, but she also understands that I lost my wife to cancer. Something I need in a woman.

~*~
After the whole draft thing we headed back to our hotel. "Douglas would you hurry up." Camila whines as Douglas keeps staring at something. Frank looks where he's staring at and smirks. "Give him a break he's just staring at a girl." Frank smirks. "Not cool dude, dad's here." Douglas says pushing Frank. "Hey I was pretty good with the ladies myself." I say turning to them.

"You only got mom, she was the only one you were good at getting." Douglas jokes. "Not true, dad had his days." Frank says. "Exactly." I say smiling. "Gross." Grace says scrunching her nose up.

"Excuse me Douglas can I take a picture with you?" A girl asks walking up to him. Douglas nods and the girl he was staring at walks over to take the picture. "Thank you." The girl says walking away.

Frank teases Douglas since he didn't say anything to the girl, but next thing you know Douglas was running after her.
"Hah! Teaches you to shut up." Camila says pointing at Douglas. Douglas walks back and grins so hard it looked like he was going to explode. "He shoots and he scores!" Douglas yells before throwing his arms in the air. "Atta boy!" Frank says smiling.

I chuckle, he fell in love with a photographer. So I suppose Douglas did turn out to be a little bit like me.

Three years later he married her and she became the girl who kept Alina's charm bracelet.