Chapter 12 : What About Us

Doctors and nurses rush into the room. "Is he gonna be okay?" I ask pushing to see Chase. "Ma'am I'm gonna have to ask you to wait outside." A nurse says trying to push me out the door.

I listen and walk out the room. I slide down the wall and onto the floor. Someone's feet stopping in front of scares me. But I look up.

"What's going on?" Jonathan asks. It was Jonathan. "I don't know." I say putting my head in my hands. Jonathan sighs and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"What's up with the shoving your hands in your pocket?" I ask still not looking at him. "Because all I wanna do when I'm around you is grab your hand, or even get a small touch of your skin." Jonathan says running his hands through his hair.

I look up at him quickly and he shoves them right back in his pocket. "You may think I don't love you Alina, but I have never stopped." He says sliding down the wall and sitting next to me.

"But I'll start from the beginning at dinner." He says turning to me. I nod and he smiles before getting up walking towards the coffee machine.

~*~
After rehearsal I found out that Chase had about two or three days left. I was really thrown off by it because he was a strong man.

I grab my belongings and say bye to Adam before leaving to 312 Chicago, where I was hbu g dinner with Jonathan.

When I get there I spot him at a table towards the back. Once I reach the table Jonathan stands up and gives me a small hug before sliding my chair out and letting me sit down on it before sliding it back in.

"Thank you." I say shortly after. He nods and sits down in front of me. We stay quiet for awhile, not sure what to say.

"How was rehearsal?" Jonathan asks. "Busy, but good." I say. Jonathan nods and I turn to the waiter who walks up to the table.

"My name is Joseph and I'll be your server for the evening. Can I start you off with drinks?" He asks. Jonathan nods, "I'll take a bottle of your most expensive and best wine." He says before looking at me. He probably didn't know I was pregnant or forgot. "Actually, I can't drink so I'll take some water." I say.

Jonathan nods, but sticks with his request. "Why aren't you drinking tonight?" He asks. "Jonathan," I pause and look at him. "I'm pregnant." I say.

Jonathan looks at my stomach and takes a deep breath. "I thought you didn't want children." He says. "Jonathan let's not start out this dinner with a fight." I say. "Fine, I just think that's truly unfair." He says raising his hands in the air in defeat.

"Now, now don't talk to me about fairness." I say. Jonathan crosses his arms and I roll my eyes. "I'm not here to fight Jonathan." I say. "I never said I was." He says leaning back.

"Okay then, we agree on that." I say nodding. Jonathan sighs and I close my eyes. "If you want to be friends again Alina, maybe think of something less on the negative side." Jonathan says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "Every time you look at me, all you remember is me taking everything you had." He says. "Because you did." I say. "So what Alina. Every time I look at you I don't just remember you not telling me about our own child, I remember our old memories too!" He says.

I look at him surprised. "I still love you Alina, but we can't be together. You have Alec, and two girls with him. You also have a baby on the way that's his. I have Danise and two little girls with her." Jonathan says.

"Why did you leave me anyways?" I ask. "You wanna know now?" He asks. I nod and Jonathan looks down. "Okay then. Before the wedding, most likely two days before it I think. I got a visit from Danise. She was saying how she was so happy for me, but I didn't take the bait. Then she threaten me. If I didn't date her or marry her she would of hurt you. Alina I didn't want to take that chance. She made me do all the bad things I have done to you that night." He says on the verge of tears.

I stay quiet not knowing what to say or do. My mouth hung open as I was trying to think. "You could of told me that. In a letter, just like I wrote to you." I say quietly not making any eye contact with him. "It was hard Alina, she has my on a leash. I had to convince Patrick to lie with me just to come to dinner with you." He says trying to get me to look at him.

I nod still trying to take everything in. The waiter comes back carrying our food and asks for any refills. Which I agree to. "Alina, I'm sorry what else can I do?" He asks reaching for my hand, but I pull it away. "Fine then, I'll leave since you seem not to be in the talking mood. I get it though its a lot to take in." Jonathan says standing up and placing a 100 dollar bill on the table, which wasn't necessary since the dinner wasn't that much.

"Bye Alina." He says before walking outside. The rain was pouring hard and I knew if I went chasing after him it would be a bad idea, but of course I did it anyway.

I grab my belongings and run after Jonathan. My heels stop me from doing so, so I take them off before running out into the rain. The rain drenches me immediately and I get goose bumps.

"Jonathan wait!" I yell as he climbs into the car. I'm guessing he can't hear do to the loud pouring rain so I run to his car. I knock on his window and he jumps getting scared before getting out.

"You've done many bad things to me Jonathan, and although all those things have hurt me I'm willing to forgive you." I say. Jonathan nods, before shoving his hands in his pockets. "Can you please stop doing that?" I ask. "No, that's a bad idea." Jonathan says. "And why is that?" I ask tilting my head. Jonathan stays quiet and stares at me.

All of a sudden he pulls me into a kiss. I widen my eyes before closing them and feeling the familiar soft lips he has. Jonathan pulls out and removes his hands from my face. "Because I always want to touch you." Jonathan says. "I'll see you later." Jonathan says before getting into his car.

How can you kiss someone and just leave?