Chapter 25: So your my mum

I keep on walking down the corridors with my black leather handbag under my arm. I've walked down these hallways over one hundred times, each time I don't know what is going to happen. I use to dread walking down then but now it's not as hard because Holly is alive and she is here, she isn't in a coma but she is here. So I don't need to worry about it to much.

I reach Holly's room and open the door seeing Holly cuddled up to Katy.

"Mum!" Holly yells, as I run over to her and give her a giant hug.

I know that Katy can't handle it anymore. She can't handle the sight of Holly addressing me as "mum" but hopefully that might change today. I pull away and Holly just looks at me smiling even though she's in so much pain.

"How are you feeling?" I say grabbing a chair and sitting next to Holly's bed.

"Good because Katy has been keeping me company," Holly says turning to face Katy and just smiling. You can just tell that Katy means a hell of a lot to Holly by just that one stare.

"So was the surgery successful?" I ask Katy.

"Yep it was, the doctors are happy with Holly's progress," Katy says beaming.

"Sorry I wasn't there with you Hol."

"It's fine, I had Katy so I was okay," Holly says as as grabs Katy's hand and squeezes it tight. I just "awe" at that moment.

It surprises me how close Katy and Holly have gotten in the last few weeks. They have bonded and I hope that their bond grows.

"Uh, Katy do you mind if I have a quick chat with you outside?" I say getting off my chair.

"Yeah sure," Katy says.

"I'll be back in a second," Katy says as she touches Holly's nose and crinkles.

"Okay," Holly says.

Katy then follows me outside and closes the door behind her. We walk a few metres away from Holly's room so that she cannot eavesdrop and ruin what we are going to do.

"So are you ready?" I say noticing that Katy is very tense.

"Yeah, I-I just don't know how to start? How can I explain that I have gave her up and now I want her back in my life?" Katy says looking at the floor.

"Katy you did not give Holly up you gave her a better chance at life. You have always wanted her to be apart of your life and you have never have stopped searching. Just take it step by step, okay?" I say as our eyes meet and Katy takes a deep breathe and I do too.

"Let's go," I say as we walk towards Holly's room.

(Katy's POV)
"How are you feeling?" Michelle asks Holly.

"Good because Katy has been keeping me company," Holly says as our meet and I smile.

She is starting to accept me, but I'm worried that our bond is about to change in a matter of minutes.

"So how was the surgery successful?" Michelle asks.

"Yep it was, the doctors are happy with Holly's progress," I say.

"Sorry I wasn't there with you Hol." Michelle says.

"It's fine, I had Katy so I was okay," Holly as she grabs my hand and squeezes it tight. I hold in my tears and just enjoy this moment.

"Uh, Katy do you mind if I have a quick chat with you outside?" Michelle asks as she gets off her chair before I even answer.

"Yeah sure," I say as I slowly get off the bed and let go of Holly's hand.