Chapter 45: Runaway

1 week later

(Holly's POV)
The past week has been horrible. Katy and I have barley spoken a word besides the occasional 'I'm going out' but I've been forced to stay indoors all week since I don't know my way round Los Angeles. Meanwhile Katy has been spending the past few days at the studio and she's only been home to sleep. She doesn't seem to care anymore and whenever I try to say 'sorry' she just shuts me off. It's like we are walking on eggshells around one another since we only last less then five minutes in the same room together before somebody walks off. It's like we are strangers to one another since it seems like I can't even talk to her about anything since I know that she'll either walk away or not pay attention to a word I say.

The other night I had a nightmare about Richard. I woke up dripping with sweat, and my eyes were draining out every drop of liquid that laid in my body. But I had no one to talk too. I have been occasionally Skyping Michelle and I told her everything, about our fight and how my own guardian won't even cook me dinner let alone ask me if I'm okay with staying home alone to all hours of the morning.

I'm still only a child. I cannot take care of myself and I need someone to talk too face to face. Not be talking to someone who's miles away and can do absolutely nothing to help the situation. So I'm going to have to sort this out myself but it's going to be hard to get Katy to even look me in the eye for more then a second. But it can't go on this way can it?

And I want Katy back. I want her back. I want her to hold me in her arms and calm me down at night. But more importantly I want to talk to her. She may not want to talk to me but I do.

So I decide to watch some television on the lounge and impatiently wait for Katy to arrive home.

Hours and hours pass and I feel myself starting to fall asleep since it's close to 1 o'clock in the morning. My mind isn't even focused on the tv show which is blaring in the background but what I'm actually gonna say to Katy, since it's gonna be the first proper word that I've said. But my time to think comes to an end as I hear Katy's car pull up into the drive way.

I start pacing as I say the words aloud to myself but then I stop as Katy walks past me.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?" I shout making Katy jump a little.

"I was out," Katy states, rolling her eyes and beginning to walk away.

I run after her and pull her arm. "Let go!" She wines.

"What is wrong with you?" I say as I let go of Katy's arm making it drop to her side.

"What do you mean?" Katy says raising one eyebrow.

"What happened to the woman who always worried about me and who always wanted to spend time with me?" The tears start to well in my eyes and my bottom lip starts to quiver. Somehow I stop it using all of the mental strength that I have left in my body.

"I'm still here," Katy tells while pointing to herself.

"Katy you haven't even spoken more than two words in the past week. You haven't even bothered to ask if I'm okay, and if I mind that your going out till all hours of the night. You haven't even made me dinner or said hello when you walked in the door." I pause as Katy raises her hand to speak but I continue talking. "I'm only twelve years old. I'm still a child and I need someone to talk too. The other night I had a nightmare and I couldn't even come into your room and tell you since I knew that you wouldn't care."

"I do care!" Katy fires back but I simply shake my head.

"You don't. And I know that I was in the wrong for when I said that your good at keeping secrets but it was a mistake..."