Let's take a ride out in the cold air

Savannah

I shiver slightly in my sleep and pull the blanket up to my neck. My arm extends automatically to the right in search for Harry so that I can cuddle with him and get some body heat, but to my surprise, the space is empty and cold. I open my eyes and see that he isn't on the bed and neither in the room as I look around.

"Harry?" I wrap the blanket around me and get up, walking to the bathroom and knocking on its door. "Harry? Are you in here?" But he's not.

I step out of our room, lazily surveying the living room, kitchen and all the other rooms and bathrooms. All traces of sleep leave me as I think that he might not have returned home at all and panic starts to build in. But then I realize that I had fallen asleep on the couch and right now I was in bed, so he must've shifted me. Which means he is home.

"Harry?" I call a bit loudly this time, standing at the bottom of the stairs. His response comes a couple of seconds later. "I'm upstairs."

Sighing with relief, I ascend the staircase quickly but carefully, clutching the blanket tightly around me. When I finally reach the floor above, I find him standing near the window looking outside, shirtless.

This boy is a total dumb ass, I swear. I hasten myself to him. "What're you doing here in the middle of the night?" I ask as I wrap my arms around him along with the blanket. "It's so cold tonight, you're gonna get sick."

When he doesn't say anything, I kiss his back softly and ask, "Are you okay?"

I feel him sighing. He turns around and holds my waist gently. "I am now."

"What're you doing out here, babe?"

"I was just thinking.." He trails off. There is clearly something bothering him right now. I let go of the blanket for the time being and it falls on the floor as I place my palms on his bare chest. "What were you thinking? What's bothering you?"

He sighs, taking my hands in his and bringing them together. "Promise me you'll never leave me."

I frown at him, wondering where on Earth did this come from. "Harry, what -"

"No matter how tough things get," he cuts me off. "No matter what the rumours are or how difficult it gets to handle fame. Just don't let go of me, because I swear I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Hey, hey.." I cup his cheeks and stroke them with my thumb. "You don't have to be afraid of losing me. Because as long as I am breathing, I am not going anywhere. I love you, Harry. I love you like I haven't loved anyone." I lean my forehead against his and whisper, "I promise I'm never gonna leave you. Ever."

He smiles, the kind of relaxed smile which makes your heart happy. Then, he softly kisses me, our lips just touching lightly. There is none of the heavy stuff involved but I still feel light, as if I'm floating in the air. We're both smiling when we pull back.

"I love you, banana." He whispers.

"I love you, too!" I say it out loud. "Now can we go to bed? Its actually quite chilly tonight."

"I was thinking if we could go out?"

"Out?" I ask him incredulously. "Right now? It's almost 3 am!"

"Why not? Let's take a ride out in the cold air. It'll work as a clean slate for my mind."

"But -"

"Please?" He kisses my nose quickly. Please, please, please?" And starts planting small kisses all over my face.