Chapter Eighty-Five

"What do you mean?", I chuckle.
"Well actually I am the CEO of new york style magazine and founder of nydesign, a company that worked with people such as David Beckham and Kanye West. And we, as in my team and I, love your work and would love to offer you your own indevidual clothing line."
My mouth drops:
"Wait what? Are you serious?"
"Yes!", he laughs, "so, what do you think?"
"I would love to work with you!", I exclaim, earning a friendly handshake from Richard.

We continue talking about the project which makes me even more exited.

Finally, the dream of my very own clothing line with an amazing brand I've heard great things about, will come true.

***

At around 2 am, the party starts to end and the only people left are Zoe, her parents, managers, Dan, I and obviously the staff.

Finally after hours Dan comes to me and hugs me from behind: "I am so proud of you."

Zoe looks at us in awe but I can see the slight sadness hiding behind her blue eyes. Even after months, she isn't over Alfie and neither is he. Although both of them know it is best in the long run.

"Can we go now?", Dan says, tugging on my hand like a whiny toddler.
"Yes, wait a second.", I respond, freeing myself from his grip and and going over to Zoe to hug her.

"Thank you again. This is amazing.", I whisper.
"I have to thank you, love. I'm glad everything is going well for you."

We talk for a little longer until Graham, Zoe's dad, comes up to us: "Alright girls. Let's get to the hotel and sleep."

We all take taxis to the hotel, Dan and I in the same one.

Even though the launch is in London, Zoe's management booked every guest a room, so Dan and I obviously don't let the opportunity for some time alone slide.

***

The next morning, I wake up to my boyfriend playing with my still styled hair.

"Good morning.", I say when turning around to him.

He still smells of his perfume, so I come closer to him.

"Morning beautiful. How are you?"

"Amazing, I am so happy."

"Good.", he responds and kisses my head.

Next thing I feel is him reaching over to grab his phone.

Moments later, he sighs: "Why can't they just leave us alone?"

"What happened?"

Another sigh follows: "Everyone's making assumptions about our relationship again. They are saying that you only used me to get to this point."

"What the...? They know I didn't even really know what you did before we became friends, right?"

"I know it's ridiculous. Just because I don't mention you in every video. Like, I want them to know I love you and I want to show you off but it will only result in bullshit plus I still want you all to myself and not have to share with millions of people."

"I get it. It's hard. I don't mind them knowing we are together but it is just that I don't want to be just labeled as your girlfriend, even though that's a proud title to have.", I laugh and kiss him.

I now go onto twitter as well so I can check out the situation.

My timeline is filled with pictures and articles of last night. But one stands out to me:

"Y/S/N* ENGAGED!?"

*your shipname