A NIGHT TO REMEMBER....(part 1)

Manik's P.O.V.

Let the fun begin, Nandini.

"Hello to you too miss Murthy. I see you have prepared a lot." I chirped a little formally.

"You deserve every bit of it. Actually its i who is honoured. So shall we sit. So that we can continue our little karaeoke party." She beamed. I could sense she's excieted about it. But before starting i want to ask her and tell her something.

"You look lovely today. This dress becomes you".

And yes, i can see a little blush on her cheeks. You know earlier in my mind i used to call her 'Kasmir ki kali'. You see she gets so red everytime she gets a compliment.

"Thankyou. So do you."

"What! I look beautiful. You wound me miss Murthy"

"You know what i mean Manik. Now would you please sit. You are already too tall and now that i cant stand you seem even taller. Please be at my level"

I chukled at her sweet coplaint and follow the orders.

"Its a nice place. And a very creative idea on your part to invite me here."

"What can i say, you wanted me to ask you properly for a date. So here it is."

"But you still havent asked me."

"Impatient much. Arent we??".

Where did she get this confidence from. Its really appealing. Kya khake aayi hai yeh aaj.

"But jokes apart, thankyou Manik, for everything. From the start till present you have been with me..."

I dont want her to speak much, so i interrupt her.

"Nandini...dont be an idiot. I have been with you because you are......you. I have said this enough times, but i would still say you mean everything to me. Its all about your happiness. You make me happy, idiot. I did this because i wanted you to happy so that i can be contended. I love you. I know you dont feel same but i am not ashamed to admit it ever. I live you and will always do."

"I am sorry, i can't do this anymore." She cried.

What?? What she cant do anymore??

"What??"

"I cant hide it, anymore. I am sorry Manik. I am really really sorry...."

"What are you hiding?? Nandini what are you saying??"

She was hiding something. I confessed her my love again and she said she's hiding something. What if she loves someobe else and thus doesnt want to be with me?? What if that someone is..... what if that someone is Aryaman??
She didnt answer, she just looked away from me and maybe calming herself down. But this doesnt answer my queation.

"Do you love someone?? Else??"

Her eyes met mine sharply  and she shook her head imidiatly. There was confidence in her gesture. She wasnt lying.

I sighed in relief. But the war isnt over yet. She admitted she doesnt love anyone. But that doesnt mean she loves me.

"Then what are you hiding?"

"I. Dont. Know. How to say. Its tough" she has the power to confuse me emmensly.

"Forget it then. Dont say anthing. Say it when you are ready. But just to my satisfaction. Are you okay??"

She nodded smiling. I smiled with her. But her previous words kept haunting me inside. Something is worrying her. Sonething that she cant tell. Even to me.

KAISE BATAAOON TUMHE...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें