NEW YEARS MEET

Manik's P.O.V.

I held her close as I told her everything. I sat on the sofa and she on her wheelchair beside me She was looking at me in disbelief.

"And then one of them hit me. But that was not worst. Not getting hit. Not the loss of blood. But when i saw you practically crawling towards me, that was the worst. I knew if they would get a hold of you, they will kill you too. I wanted you to go away from there. Luckily just before i fell i heard some sirens. It was the only hope that you might be safe now. That there is help." I paused and looked at her. It is all still fresh. The memory. I held her hand in mine. "I cant live without you Nandini. I learned that in the moment. I cant imagine my life without you anymore. I love you." I said. When i woke up my first thought was to find her. I really thought something happened to her as she wasnt there. I would rather die a thousands deaths than imagine my life without her. "Promise me... Promise me you will do just as i say. You wont jeopardize your life to save mine. Ever. I cannot see that happening again." I said sternly. Still my voice shook.

"I love you too Manik. I really really do. And i tried litsening to you, tried staying there, but how could i sit through that. When i saw you were being hit. I couldnt sit there and watch. I had to do something. So even if i would have to loose my life, i would havr done the same. I love you."

I looked at her with my features softening. I cant fight with her on this topic, the universe knows i would have done the same if she was there at my place.
But that certainly doesnt mean I would leave her unprotected.

"Fine. I agree. But we cant anyone do this to us. I will do something about it." Probably hier some body guards. Or give her a gun... naah. She wont carry it with her all times. Should i send her to some sorts of self defense lessons. We both could go together. I mean its not that i cant fight. But if i would have paid attention more towards them, then maybe they would have been able to hit me. Yeah!! But her legs. She had successfully had it fractured.
Guns!! I should gave her a licensed one. And i would have someone teach how to shoot!! But dont they say small children should be kept at bay from them. Haww what if she accidently shot herself. Naah!! She is smally.
Bodyguards!!they woulld do. Yeah!! Bodyguards.

Then i felt a sting on my arm and i shreiked.

"Ouch, Nandini, what the hell was that??"

"Toh main kya karu, you were not litsening. I got worried so i had to do something n." Aha, look at her face. First she pinches me so hard and now she acts all innocent.

"You could have done it a little, just a little less painfully. See it left a mark." I showed her the arm and the mark. It looked like a bite. I smiled inwardly.

"Vaise Nandu... it looks so much like a love bite n. See...." she even looked closely. Ha!! And then when she realised what i said her doe eyes widened. She glared at me as i laughed.

"Nandu look at your face. You look like a tomato..... red red cherry tomato. Small and red...." she smacked my armm. Ha!! As if it will hurt me.

"Nanduu... meri nandu... try once more... itne me dard nahi hota. Yeh body banayi kis liye hai maine??huh??"

She pouted and then she huffed. 1

"Shut up Manik. Tum n bohot bure ho. " I laughed and she did too. Finally it felt normal.

"Now you go and rest. I need some sleep too. Goodnight Nandu."

She nodded as she rolled her wheelchair to the door. I opened it for her and saw Fab 4, Arya and mom sleeping on the chairs outside. Must be tired. Abhi and Navya left to the police station with the inspector which asked me about the incident. I will make sure they get caught. But for now, Nandini's recovery is my aim.
And i HAVE to make sure she have a perfect New year, this is one festival when i dont want her to have any troubles. She should be assured that from now on, i wont let any problems come her way.

We met a nurse only a dew steps fae from my ward and she volunteers to help Nandini till her ward. I agreed and after pecking her forehead i went back to my ward but not before i smacked Cabeer's, Dhruv's and Aryaman's head. They all woke up and glared at me.

"Andar aao, jaldi" I ordered. They followed.

"Kya hua??" Cabber yawned.

"Parso New year hai dhakkan, kya karna hai??" I asked and finally they came to understanding.

"Ohh.... par Manik itna saab ho raha hai usme celebration ka mood kisi ka bhi nahi banega." Dhruv asked and I understand his concern. But we have been too busy with Pandit and other things, almost every festival was wasted in pretending our loyalties towards Pandit. Every festival was formal because we came to know he likes to hae very "peaceful" celebrations. Totally not our style. Can you imagine we didnt even burn crackers in Diwaali. The girls sulked of course but they managed. And we sulked when he asked to have a bhajan sandhya instead of the cards party.

Damn!! That was embarrassing when i couldnt sing even one.

Cabeer, Dhruv and Arya began discussing how it would not be good and how it will affect the moods and everything. Seriously, cant they see the point of celebration.

"Yaar mood banta nahi Banana padta hai." I told them in full filmy style. "Aur yaar... sab bohot refreshed ho jaaenge. Isiliye to New year celebrate karna zaroori hai. And uske baad fusion concert hai, humaara album launch hai, sab busy ho jaaenge." I pleaded. They looked convinced.

"Okay. So karna kya hai."

"Party. Poore SPACE ke liye. Ek bohot grand party. And lets involve everyone in it. Planning and everything. Poora SPACE volunteer karenga. Last year ki party yaad hai. Beer bong."

We all smiled. Our second year in SPACE and the seniors thought it was funny to play beer bong with egg yolks. Yukk!!
And now when i think of it, its our last year at SPACE. Damn!!

"Guys... its our last new year at SPACE Academy." They looked as if they too have just realised.

"Haa yaar. Wow. 3 saal bohot jaldi nahi khatm ho gaye?? Par Manik, it doesnt mean ki college khatm ho raha hai, it means ki practicals paas aa rahe hai. God!!!!!" Dhruv whined.

"Yaar please Dhruv abhi padaii ka mat yaad dila. Aur Manik, humaare paas itna time nahi hai ki poore college ko involge kare, its better if invite them but organise our own party." Aryaman suggested. Its true we dont have time. And everyone agreed so i really dont have much to do.

"Fine Arya, let SPACE experience what are the best parties. Fab 5 style. Cummon i have an idea." I smirked. No one is going to forget this new year bash!!

Srry for being kate.

Thankyou
Vote snd comment.
Dee.

KAISE BATAAOON TUMHE...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें