THE RIGHT CHOICE....

Manik's P.O.V.

"So jao." She closed her eyes and might have slept in the mid of night. But i didnt. I was thinking about what she said. What happened through the day. She is right. But should i really consider the song in the album??? She cant tell me everything. But i know someone who can answer whether i should really put the song to he album.

I freed myself from her warmth as i adjust her to the pillow. Looking for one more moment at her,i went out to the room far of the corner - mom's room.

As i reached the last step to it, i felt bad. Is it the right time. She must me sleeping.

But there is nothing wrong in checking up on her, if she is sleeping i will go.

But Manik, its 3 am, of course she is sleeping. She is not some owl.

Checking up on her wont do any harm. I slowly picked on the handle and twist it down, it opened. Mom!!!

How many times do i have to tell her to not let her door opened at night. She never litsens to me. I might have to lecture her about her safety again after i am........not so angry with her.
I peeked inside. She was on her rocking chair. Sleeping on it. She looked tired and wrinkly. My mom never gets wrinkle. There's some noise in the room. I moved inside. I cant pick her up and place her on bed, and if i cant do that, she would have an aching back in the morning. The room is naturally dark except for the light that came from the same source as the noise. I see that she had her TV on. I glaced at it. Its not just TV show playing, it has mom in it. With relatives and.......Raj Malhotra. She is wearing a white gown.
It is her wedding dvd. Probably her cocktail or sangeet. I have never seen it before. Never talked about it to her.
There is a lot of noise comming from it. I took the remote to switch when i heard him.

"Pyaar. Pyaar toh bohot karta hu inse." He said maybe giving an answer to the host that stands beside mom and him. The host wore a black coat while he wore a white one. Matching it with Mom's.

"Aap aur Nyeonika ma'am, college se saath me hai, aur itne saalo ke baad bhi aapka pyaar kaayam hai. Raaz kya hai iska." The host asked him.

"Raaz... raaz yeh hai ki raaz nahi rehte humaare beech. No secrets."

"Deep, huh?? Ma'am, aaj ka din aapke liye bohot khaas hai. Aaj ke din aur iss din ko khaas banane waale Mr. RAJ MALHOTRA ke baare me aapke kya khayaal hai." The host asked and my mom glanced at....Raj Malhotra. He raised an eye brow and maybe the cameramen took pictures of them as i see flashes of their poses.

"Aaj ka din bohot khaas hai. Humaari family, humaare friends, sab yaha hai. Raj mere saath hai. Sab bohot khush hai. Bass main bhi khush hu. Thankyou Raj, thankyou so much for giving me my dream wedding. I know tumhe yeh sab kuch bohot shaant chahiye tha. Par sirf mere liye jo efforts tumne lagaye hai. I know how hard it was for you, but still you managed to pull this out. Thankyou so much." She had tears in eyes and Camera zoomed on her face. She was looking so beautiful. Her gown just landed at her ankle. Perfect. I didnt knew my mother had such long hairs.

"Rona nahi. Rona nahi. Nyeo.... baad aa jaayegi. Rona nahi." Raj malhotra warned her.

"Chup raho tum. Main nahi ro rahi." But, her tears gave her away. And he......he wiped them. He had no right to, i switched it off.

"Raj ke paas paise nahi the. Bohot mehnat ki thi unhone. Kabhi shayad,college me, khel khel me bataya hoga ki mujhe meri wedding me kya - kya chahiye tha. Sab kiya tha unhone. Paise jod - jod kar. Unhone meri harr khwaiish poori ki thi Manik, mujhe unki ek wish poori karne do. Please" she cried, but i didnt look her way. I had tears too.

"But he left maa." I said. After some time of silence, i continued, "I am sorry. I ruined your life. You should have aborted me. He wouldn't have left you if you.." i didnt speak more. She stopped me. No,slapped me.

"Shut up. Just shut up. I dont regret having you Manik. I never did. I never would. You have always made me proud. I am sorry, you are a great son Manik, that is why i dont you to be like this. Dont hold grudges against him Manik, let it go and let him go. Please Manik. Dont be like him Manik. He had this habit of holding grudges and it always landed him in the bad place. Let it go Manik." She said.

"I hate him maa. I hate him for leaving me behind and in turn leaving you behind. He claimed to love you maa, how could he just walk away??"

She had no answer. She never had any answer whenever i ask her about him.

"You shouldnt have kept it from me. I know i would be angry, i would have been hurt but i wouldnt have disrespect ypu by not fulfiling your wish. I still wont. I will sing the song. Just now in the album. Please. I am not ready for it, just yet." i spoke. She was surprised, shocked too. She nodded and gave me a small smile. I smiled sadly at her.

"Aap so jao. Mujhe bhi bohot neend aa rahi hai."

This was by far the most exhausting day for me. And i wanted it to end. I went to Nandini's room after i made sure, she was tugged in her bed.

Nandini was sleeping too and i laid beside her and i couldnt sleep. I kept staring at the ceiling, my mind blank. Its funny how mind works at night when you cant sleep, its like i cant think of anything and yet there are too many things going on inside my head.  I have had these nights before, this was no different. I am used to feel this way. Numb. Doesnt mean i like it.
Instead of  feeling numb i forced myself to think of something happy. For a few mere seconds everything i could think was sad,bad thoughts. School time. Parents-teachers meet. Bullying. Growing up. All those nasty comments about me and my mother. I could feel them. I could feel how i felt that time. Growing up was tough for me.
I focused myself to think of something good. A relief throuh it all. My good times. All i got was a glimpse of the Manik i was 3 years ago. The bully. Player. A jerk in short. Those were times when i was no longer being victimised by someone, rather i was the bully. But i got a very nasty feeling. It was not good. I was not good. Then i focused more. Fab 5. Our friendship, concerts. Our pranks. Navya. Abhi even Aryaman. That surely made me smile. I was feeling happy again. Slightly though. I rewind every moment of college the last year. Everthing. From Our madness to our sweet moments. And the bullying i still continued. Seniors would never bully me. They were too afraid. And something changed. The bully stopped bullying when she came. Nandini.

Nandini. Just the name of her works like magic. Everything is fine. I glanced sideways seeing her face. She is peaceful when asleep. I got closer to her and held her in my arms, though, sleep was a very far away thought in my mind, i dont want to think about it. She feels amazing in my arms, and i want to be with her forever.

She unknowingly played a great role in my life, and i will make sure to tell her how important she is to me. Maybe for the rest of my existance.

Heyya,
Updated.
Let me know how was it.

Vote and comment.
Thankyou.
Dee

KAISE BATAAOON TUMHE...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें