FIRST SIGHT

Nandini's house, 2 am, Mumbai.

Nandini was tossing in her sleep. Sweat was clearly visible on her forhead. She was brathing heavily. Sometimes cluching her bedsheets. Suddenly, she started screaming 'Please come back. Amma. Appa. Please Appa. Aao na.'
Then she woke up and started crying but there was no one to console her.

Nandini - not again. Please ab aur mat darao. I know meri galti hai. I shouldnt have asked them to go. But please mene already uske liye pay kar diya hai. Ab aur nahi hota please.
She was crying for about 3 hours. Then she dosed off.

At 6 am, Nandini's house
Alarm disturbed her sleep. She was upset and had cried was shown on her face. But she composed herself as she doesnt want anyone to see her weaker side.
She left for S.P.A.CE. at 7 without having her breakfast. She was already weak but want to go to college as it was her first day and she wants to complete some formalities.

At 7:30, Malhotra Mansion.

Neyonika came to Manik's room to wake him up as he was back at 2 am this morning and after a lot of argument she let Manik go to College.

Neyonika - Manik, wake up. See its 7:30 you have to reach College n at 8:30. Common get up.

After no response from Manik Neyonika came up with an evil idea to wake him.

She went close to him and slowly.......pulled his duvet. Then she pulled his pillow with a jerk by which Manik woke with a jolt.

Manik - kya hua? kya hua? Is everything okay?

Neyonika laughed seeing him paniked.

Manik - what's wrong Mom. Kya hua aise kyu uthaya.

Neyonika - Are mein kya karu. Tumne hi to kal raat ko bola tha 'Mumma, kal college jaana hai. First day hai Second year ka. Please utha dena n'.
To Mr. Malhotra pichle 15 min. se utha hi rahi hu tumhe. Tum hi nahi uth rahe the or nahi uthati to tum mujhe baad me bolte ki 'Mom uthaya kyu nahi. Mene bataya tha n ki Important day hai. Aapki wajah se miss kar diya n.'

Manik - mom...mom...relax olay i understood meri galti thi okay. Sorry. Ab mein jaauu ya aap apna pravachan continue karne waali hai.

Neyonika - Ha ab me apne bete ko daantu to mein pravachan de rahi hu. Or kyu nahi lagega. Ab mera beta college ke 2nd year me jo hai. Ab to Maa jo bhi bolegi vo pravachan hi to lagega.

Seeing this someone from outside laughed and both Neyonika and Manik looked at him.

Manik - Dhruv tu vaha kya kar raha hai.

Dhruv - yaar aap dono bhi n. Tom and jerry ki tarah fight krte ho. But kitne cute lagte ho. Kaash Mein bhi mom ke...
He suddenly stops remembering her Mom.
Manik goes to him and side hugs him

Manik- buddy. We all miss her. I know tujhe bhi unki yaad aati hai, though you dont express. She is with you. Infact they both are with you giving their blessings.
Neyonika - aur mein bhi to hu. Am i less than your mother?

Neyonika walks towards him and cups his face

Neyonika - She always loved you. She wont be happy seeing you like this.

Dhruv - I know aunty. You are right. I shouldnt be sad. I will be ready then we will go for college buddy.

Dhruv went to his room. Manik knew he will cry so he started moving towards him but Neyonika held his hand.

Neyonika - leave him alone for sometimes . He will be fine he's smart( smirk ). Unlike few present in this room.

Manik - I'm also smart.

Neyonika - I never said you are not. Its not my fault that you took it on yourself. Now get ready and go to college. Now thats an orden.

Manik - yes meri MOGAMBO.

Neyonika - stop calling me that. I am your mother Manik not your friend at least have some respect.

Manik - No. You are not only my mother but my bestest friend too. And i like calling you MOGAMBO. Your expression is after that is priceless.

Neyonika accepted her defeat and Manik went towards his room to get ready.
Dhruv came out of his room after an hour composing himself.
At  8:10, Manik and Dhruv left for college.

In S.P.A.C.E, 9:30 am.

Nandini completed her formalities and was asked to go to the principal's room to get the signature on the form. The guy there told her the directions.

She was going to the principal's room busy in her papers but suddenly she bang with someone and her dress got spoiled because of the glass of water the man was carrying.

Man - sorry sorry. Young lady. Woh I was engrossed in my phone. Am really sorry.

Nandini - it's okay. Can you please tell me where is the washroom i nees to clean it.

Man - sure. Its just right from the corner.

Nandini - okay. Thanx.

Man - by the way. I am Harshad. Harshad Rathore. And you are.

Nandini - Nandini. Nandini Murthy.

Harshad - I know it was not not so good. But its pleasure to meet you Nandini.

Nandini smiles and leaves.
Harshad smirks his evil smirk and a guy comes towards him.

Guy - woooh tune uski dress to spoil kar di. But how can you make sure she will go to the place we want.

Harshad - relax Cabeer. Vo vahi jaaegi. Ek aur bet lagani hai.

Cabeer - Harshad pehle ye bet to jeet.

Harshad - we shall see.

Nandini goes to the directions Harshad told her and sees a room but being a poor soul she doesnt read the board.
Cabeer was shocked as he lost the bet.

Flashback
Cabeer was walking in the corridoor when he saw Harshad, Fab 5's enemy from last year staring at a girl. Cabeer goes near him.

Cabeer - Nahi pategi. She seems smart. Tere jaise looser ke paas kabhi nahi aayegi.

Harshad - Cabeer.... I am Harahad rathore. I have my ways. And I have my charm. Vo mere paas ayegi bhi aur neri har baat bina kisi sawaal ke manegi bhi.

Cabeer - let's have a bet. What's say.

Harshad - I say yes.

Cabeer - zyada overconfidence accha nahi hota Harshad.

Harshad - we shall see.
                 ...........*...........

Harshad - I told you. Mera charm hai.

Cabeer - fine. Here's 1000 rs. For your bet.

Harshad - thanks Cabeer.

Cabeer went towards Canteen and Harshad towards Jam room without bothering about Nandini.

Nandini entered and was still engrossed in papers when a guy came only in his jeans engrossed in his phone.
Nandini looked up and screemed.

Nandini - Ayyappa!!!!!

Manik looked up and his eyes widened.

Manik - hey what are you doing in BOYS LOCKER ROOM.

Still Nandini havent stop screeming. Manik to make her stop screeming. Hold her tight from her shoulder, pinned her to wall and closed her mouth.
Nandini opened her eyes and saw him.

KAISE BATAAOON TUMHE...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें