Chapter 17

I woke up in a uncomfortable position, my body ached as I stretched my arms above my head.  The sun rays were coming through the thin curtain, I saw a light snow-fall and then a mans figure on the roof, snatch at the house then jump off.  I gasped as I sat up, I opened my window and looked down- it was Stefan who was most likely hunting.  "Stefan I hope you realize if I was still sleeping and you did that I would kill you." he looked up with anger in his eyes but trying to hide it from me.  "Sorry, I was hungry." I rolled my eyes, "Stefan just- Goodbye!" I called out, closed the window then turned around - remembering last night with Klaus.  I sighed "Klaus I know you can hear me so get up here and lets get this over with." I said in a normal tone.  I stood there waiting for a few moments but then I heard a knock on my door, "Klaus?" I asked, "Elijah." I sighed, "Come in," I heard the door open and I began making my bed.  "Coming to check up on me, doc?" I asked smiling.  he smiled back, "Yes, Also Nicklaus has gone hunting out of town for a few days, so you're stuck with me." I groaned, "That will be so much fun.  Wait, why is Stefan and Damon still here?  I swear to God if Elena is still here I will kill someone." He chuckled while walking over to me, "Hopefully that someone will not be me," I rolled my eyes and held out my arm for him to take off the bandage and check the wound.  "Nah, it would be Damon or Stefan." He smiled as he unwrapped the white bandage, keeping calm.  I could tell he was holding his breath for just in case.  "Elijah if your uncomfortable I can ask Damon," Then I remembered what happened last night...

I flew across the room landing harshly on a table filled with glass and food, there was a sharp pain in my back and forearm but I didn't care, I saw Klaus throw Damon against the wall and begin holding him by the neck.  I ran over to him asking for him to stop, that Damon was drunk and it was just a mistake.

I came back from my trance to see Elijah looking at me like "What the hell are you thinking?  Damon, the man who gave you this wound?" I sighed "Never mind, sorry I forgot." He glared at me as he examined my arm, "Hey I'm being honest." He rolled his eyes, then began focusing on the wound.  "You're lucky it isn't infected, Maya." I rolled my eyes "I'd be fine." He sighed, knowing how aggravating and stubborn I am.  "Sure, sure you would." I nodded "Thanks for being the first one to agree with me." he rolled his eyes, "I'm being sarcastic." I gasped "Not Mr Elijah Mikaelson!" He sighed, smiled and shook his head. "I'll see you for breakfast downstairs with everyone." he vanished and I rubbed my eyes trying to waken myself up some more.  I fixed the other side of the bed where Klaus slept.  I straightened the blankets and felt a square paper beneath my hands, I grabbed the paper and unfolded it then read it to myself.  

My dearest Maya,

I have gone hunting for a while, be sure to behave while I am gone.  I am terribly sorry for not telling you about myself leaving in the morning.  I shall be back as soon as I can.  I love you, Sweetheart.

xoxo,
Klaus.

I smiled down at the note, then I realized something...

He said he loved me.