Getting Through It Together~ Red Arrow|Roy Harper

First Person/Your Point of View

I paced around the living room nervously. It was 1 in the morning and Roy was yet to arrive. I was worried sick about him and a whole bunch of possibilities ran through my head, none of them were reassuring or positive. It was Roy Harper.

I sighed and sat down on the couch, rubbing my forehead in an attempt to soothe my aching headache. Waiting up for Roy every single night into morning was tiring, and I barely managed to get some sleep at all.

I slowly closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against the couch arm and I was just starting to slip away into sleep, when I heard the front door open. I immediately stood up and went to check if Roy was alright. I placed my hands on his shoulders and looked at him, searching for any little bruise or cut that was not there before but found nothing. I sighed in relief; he was alright.

"Where were you?" I asked him gently with my eyebrows furrowed in concern.

He turned away slightly, but I saw, and then spoke. "I was- uh, out with a friend". Leaning closer I spoke to him in a serious demanding, yet gentle voice, "Roy Harper, please tell me you did not".

He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked down, ashamed. "Roy".

"I'm sorry" he told me as he finally made eye contact. His eyes were filling with tears and I could see he felt guilt for his actions.

He fell to the floor and started crying, covering his face with his hands as his body shook violently with every sob that was emitted from his mouth.

I went on my knees and engulfed him in a warm embrace, to which he responded by leaning his head against my chest. I stroked his hair in a soothing manner and gently whispered in his ear, "It's okay Roy. I know you tried, I'm proud of you".

He looked up at me with a frown on his face, "B-but I still drank". I cupped his cheek gently and brought him closer to me, "Roy, babe. You aren't drunk, you can now control the amount of alcohol you drink. That's a great improvement".

His lower lip trembled before he spoke, "You're not going to leave me, right? Please don't, I promise I'll get better if it means you'll stay" he pleaded.

I shook my head as my eyebrows furrowed, "Of course not, Roy. I would never leave you, I'm here for you through the good and the bad. We'll get throughout this together, I promise".

I stroked his cheek lovingly, and he leaned into my touch, a small smile on his face. "I love you" he whispered.

My heart swelled and fluttered, it felt as if it was doing celebratory flips inside of my chest. Even though they were only three words, they meant a lot and someone had to have guts to say it and mean it like Roy did.

"I love you too, Roy".

It would take time, but we would get through it together.

That was a little short, but I decided I wanted to try a different style and write in smaller paragraphs.

I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for reading and voting it means a lot to me (It does not go unnoticed, and I give to you my gratitude)! Comments/thoughts are also very helpful and kind, they are very appreciated as well!

Question:
{Should I start giving shout outs?}

Have a splendid day!

   -mgBookLover out . . . . .