Hate~Nightwing|Dick Grayson

M/LN : Mother's Last Name

Dick Grayson X Future Daughter/Son Reader

·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·
"Haha. You're funny" I told the person, I'm guessing, that was surrounded by a bright light. They laughed and chanted something, moving their hands in a soft motion.

Suddenly it was all bright and my eyes widened in realization at what the person had done. "NO!!PLEASE!!!NO!!I'M SORRY!!!" I cried as I looked for something, anything to hold on to.

"Hate. That is all that radiates from you. I am giving you a chance to fix that, child. Take it and do not waste it" the voice sternly told me, before the bright light got even brighter and I had to close my eyes, with my hands over them.

It slowly disappeared and I opened my eyes to be met with a group of people. "No, no, no, no. NO!!!" I shouted as my knees grew weak and I collapsed on the floor. I recognized them all. They just seemed...younger- oh no, the person sent me back to the past!

"Who are you? Are you alright?" I looked up at the sound of the voice and immediately I was angered. A blur came in and I knew that it was Bart.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked me curiously as he cautiously looked at Nightwing. "Stupid magic person sent me back...said that I was full of hate. I wonder why?" I told him, the last part being spoken sarcastically.

"You know her?" Robin asked Bart. "Yeah..she's uh Y/n G-" I cut him off harshly " M/LN. Y/n M/LN". They all looked at me weirdly and Nightwing broke the silence. "All right then. Who exactly are you?". I glared at the floor, and Bart chuckled nervously. "Well, she's uh-" "I'm your daughter/son" I told him bluntly, as I yet again cut off the younger boy.

Nightwing mouth fell open and his eyes widened, before a small smile made it's way on his face. "Really? I have a child? I'm your father?" He sounded so happy, I almost regretted my next words.

"Sadly". But it was fun as I watched his face fall and a frown make it's way into his face. As sickening as it sounded, I wanted to watch him in pain, the pain he didn't see me in because he had already left.

I glared at the floor angrily, I wanted to punch him. I wanted to cry. But there was a little piece of me, that wanted to hug him and cry into his chest, imagining him whispering comforting words in my ear that I knew he never spoke. Not to me, not to my mother.

Everything felt as if it were crashing down on me as Barbara walked in, as Batgirl. My eyes watered and for the millionth time in my life, I cried because of what had happened. The tears forced their way out, running down my face as my body violently shook with my every sob.

Bart immediately wrapped his arms around my body, trying to comfort me. I appreciated his efforts and weakly hugged him back. My sobs eventually came to a halt, and I was left wiping my wet face. Bart let go of me and I got up, running outside to the only place I knew.

It all looked different. The sun was out, the water calm and beautiful, the world was still in color. Not the black and white one I knew. I wrapped my arms around my body as a breeze came, whipping my uneven knotted hair around.

I liked the silence. The peace and calmness that I had when I was by myself. I was always by myself.

The man who is my father left my mother and I abandoned when we needed him the most. He left us- left my mother for another woman- Barbara Gordon. However, I did not blame her. She was beautiful, and besides she didn't ask him to run away with her, he asked her, so all she did was say yes. I don't hate her. I hate him.

I heard footsteps approaching, slowly as if unsure of their decision to come out and confront me. "Yes?" I asked him as I continued staring at the bright yellow sun that was slowly going down.

"I just...wanted to uh- apologize for any stupid thing I do in the future that makes you hate me... and I- I'm sorry".

My eyes watered as I turned around, and my bottom lip stuck out as I attempted to hold in my sobs and tears. But they came down hard as I ran to my father and stuffed my face into his hard chest, his arms wrapping around me to comfort me.

My heart swelled in my chest as he whispered soothing words in my ear and gently rubbed my back. "It's okay. I've got you".

I slowly pulled away and a small smile made it's way into my chapped lips. "I- I keep trying to convince myself that I hate you...but in reality, I think I hate you leaving" I told him as I bowed my head shamefully. "Thank you, for showing me you do care even the slightest bit. I- I...I love you".

He smiled and pulled me into a hug and once again I was overcome with joy. Too bad it didn't last forever.

Uh, sorry for the late update... Exams, school work, allergies, and sleep deprivation are my excuses....

Thank you for reading, I am terribly sorry for the late update, I'll try to update tomorrow, but if I don't then it'll be awhile since I have more exams coming.....

Have a fabulous, wonderful day!

    -mgBookLover out...