Chapter.1

Swathi's Pov

I tilted my head a bit and looked at the wallclock dangling to the wall in front of me.Its 9Am and I examined the face of the person sitting in the chair before me.He looks so roguish, intentionally smiles at me all the time

"What?!"I looked at the person expecting an answer,the truth.

"Madam?!"He nagged again and looked all around keeping a pouty face.

"Why are you after me?"I kept a sullen expression asking him to move out of my cabin as soon as possible.

"Madam?!"He smiled with discomfort.

"I told you that you are overqualified for the job"I heaved a sigh out of frustration.

"What does it mean?"He asked me knitting his brows,gawking at me like a half wit.

"Please,Stop pretending!You know what I am saying,You are not that naive"I threw a death glare,clenched my fist in anger.

"Please!"He begged this time I felt a bit sad.

"I can't"I it is against our company rules.

"Please!"He lowered his head and leaned back a bit rubbing his forehead.

"Ah!"I gasped some fresh air.

"Please"He moved impatiently in chair,almost drenched in sweat.

"Then why did you submit your Postgraduate certificate,You simply haven't mentioned about your higher degree"I blurted it out suddenly.

"Means?"He smiled madly.

"What?!"I felt this idiot would do something now.I clamped his file firmly and snatched it towards me.

"Give it to me"He bent forward and dragged it from my hands.

"So this is the thing bothering you!"He took his certificate into his hand and waved it in air.

"What would you do?!"I gulped a glass of water as such.

"Here it is!"He tore it into pieces and placed it in dustbin.

"Are you mad?"I stood up from my chair and banged the table.He tore it infront of me,in a blink of eye,Why would he?!Why is he so stubborn.

"What would you say now?!"He smirked at me.

"You are appointed"I said with a blank face.

"Common!Swathi"He snapped his finger on my face.

"What is all this Prateek?"I shouted in rage.

"I need this job,I am desperate"He beamed at me.

"What's the need Prateek?And you mentioned your name as Arjun here?What's going on?"I asked Prateek,my billionaire friend who just absconded after college and appeared as Arjun now.

"I am glad it's you Swathi,What if any other was there in your place,I need this job at any cost Swathi,Please cooperate with me"He caught my hands and asked me in adjuring tone.

"I just stared my career as HR,I don't want to do anything which will spoil my reputation,I will be a blackmark in my career"I said nodding my head.

"I assure you nothing would happen as such,I own a company,you know it right?!I will offer you a job with twice the amount you are earning now"He smiled at me.

"But....."I shook my head and I wiped off the sweat drops on my forhead with my handkerchief.

"Please,Don't be nervous.I am not committing any crime.You are not a part of it"He blew some air on my face which made my hair float for a second.

"Ahhh!"I clenched my teeth and tightened my fist.

"Swathi,calm down"He cupped my cheeks ogling at me.

"Okay!"I sighed gesturing with my hands at him to leave my cabin.

"Thank you!"He winked at me mischevously.

"What?!"I am controlling my anger.

"Nothing!"He smiled and stood up from his chair.

"Why are you doing all this?!"I asked him seriously.

"I have my own reasons"He whirled and said looking at me,my eyes smirking.

"Oh!"I couldn't speak anything

It's beacuse I have a huge crush on him,Yes!I have a huge crush on him from the days of my college but I never revealed it to anyone not even him,I thought it will fadeout once I leave my college but it has never gone away it became fervent when he appeared in my office after two damn years.I cursed my fate.

The only question popped in my brain is"Is he single?!"Silly me!"

My brain is pondering all the time wether he has a girlfriend or not?!Who cares?!Why should I?!I looked at him calmly controlling my hormones.

"Please,Don't do anything which will damage my reputation"I warned him with a great difficulty.

"I swear I won't do anything as such"He said holding his throat.How cute?!

"Thanks!"I mumbled looking away trying to stop my eyelids which are fluttering hastily.

"I have to say thanks"He came to me and caught my hand so suddenly.I didn't expect this.His touch made me jolt and I yanked my hand quickly.

"Don't get irritated,Please,I need your help"He said holding my chin.

"Go away!"I stood up and shouted.

"Okay!okay!"He smiled and vanished from my cabin.

"Prateek Mishra"I spelt his name smiling like a lovestruck teenager.

"Madam"I got a call from my boss's PA.

"Yes!"I am still smiling madly can't stop blushing.

"Sir wants to meet you"She said in a very composed tone.

What again?!I am afraid now.I was scolded my boss Mr.Rohith Mishra for not preparing the powerpoint presentation in time.

I cut the call and walked towards his cabin.

Prateek and Swathi