Chapter-48

Prateek's Pov

"You need to be strong,Rohith Bhaiyya won't let you win that much easily,He will give a tough fight.I know his antics.He will buy people,he will try to bribe them,he will even go to the extent of threatening them.Be careful.He will be waiting to point out your mistakes with a hawk eye.Be careful with spies.It's really a tough job to find them.Never reveal important figures like tender quotes to anyone even me.We don't know what's their strategy is?"Dad looked at me with a pleasant smile.It's my first day at office as a CEO and Dad is giving me some valuble suggestions at dinning table while we are having our breakfast.

"I will be careful dad"I nodded and looked at him with a worried expression.

"Is everything fine?"He asked quickly with a sad face.

"Couldn't contact Krithik for a while?Don't know where he is?and What is happening with him?"I frowned.

"Really?Let me talk to Pramod once"He took his phone into his hand and about to call him.

"Hai"We turned to see Sameer standing there at the main door smiling goofily.

"Hai Sameer"Dad waved at him asking him to join us for breakfast.

"Hai"I smiled fakely,I am very nervous for various reasons.I am worried about Krithik I doubt whether she is searching for Avni.I tried to tell him that she is with me in my flat but he didn't give me a chance at all.

"Have you had your breakfast?"Dad asked sameer and placed a plate infornt of him whilst he occupying his chair.

"I never bother to have it another time"He smiled and started eating the food made by mom praising its taste.

I couldn't take off my eyes from my mobile as I am expecting an answer from Swathi for my message.

I want her beside me on the first day as CEO.I just want to walk into my cabin holding my hand.I know it's not possible atleast her presence will make my life me happy.

I quickly grabbed my mobile soon I saw it ratling on the dinning table.

"I will be late,Sorry"A message displayed on my mobile which took away my happiness in seconds.Is she okay?I didn't talk to her from yesterday.I came straight to home to meet my grandparents both maternal and paternal grandparents.I missed her badly though I enjoyed last night with my family,my parents,my sister,my grand parents and my cousins.I was flying on clouds truly.

Mom invited her to home but she was truly worried about meeting everyone before marriage.I felt suspicious over her answer later I came to know that she is truly uncomfortable as everything happened so quickly.

Now she is saying she can't come in time.I was so desperate to pick her at our flat but she just threw all my plans in dustbin.

I shook my head and headed to office with a heavy heart.

It's 10-30 in the morning.She didn't come to office yet.I am really angry with her,I am very upset with her words and actions.I surely want an explanation.

She came after half an hour.She purposefully avoided me,avoided my gaze all the time.

She was with me all the time,helping me in a meeting,She was completely flawless in presenting an impressive presentation before clients.She is such a sweetheart.I felt bad she might have busy in preparing the presentation last night as she knows I would be busy with my family.

I felt bad she might have busy in preparing the presentation last night as she knows I would be busy with my family

"Thank you"I mouthed at her.

She smiled back sweetly.

Suddenly she disappeared without a word in the evening.

I was desperate to drive her to home and wanted to spend sometime with her,like a romantic date but she disappeared again without a word.

I felt ignored,completely shunned by her actions.Is she okay?or She angry with me?Why would be she angry with me?What did I do?Is it because I was with a girl?I felt gloomy all of a sudden,anger in my heart got replaced by guilt.She didn't ask me anything,Hence I haven't bothered to give her any explanation.

Her father's words echoed in my ears"You cheated my daughter"

I applied sudden break and realised my car has already haulted in front of the apartment.

I took long strodes and opened the door,I felt weird because she didn't lock the door,What is this girl doing inside without closing the door?What if any one intrudes?I am truly baffled by her actions these days.I know something is there which is bothering her.I sighed and went in

"Sw....a"I swallowed the last letters as I found her in room.

I went to the door and saw her talking to someone on phone

"Sorry,I couldn't make it"She sighed.

"Its became really hard for me to hide the things from Prateek.I am feeling guilty,I can't deceive him more"She wiped her tears.

I felt sad to see her crying,I can see she is feeling guilty for hiding things from me.What they would be?

"Don't do anything like that"She almost screamed on phone.

I felt weird,Who will be on the other side?Is he her Dad?or anyone else?I just want to know! whoever the person he/she may be?They are forcing her!

"Okay,I will meet you early in the morning tomorrow at joggers park"She cut the call and can see guilt and pain occupying her sharp expressive eyes which are brimmed with tears.

She turned I stepped back,She stood up from her bed and started moving to the hall rubbing her eyes and yawning.

I closed my eyes for a while and sighed deeply,Should I ask her,I am in a dilemma now?Whether to ask her or not?

I stood there like I haven't heard her conversation.

I pretended that I just came now and started calling her name a bit angrily.

"I am sorry"She came to me and hugged me instantly.

I clasped my arms around her protectively."I am sorry"She is stammering repeatedly.

"It's okay"I just carassed her hair and took her face into m hands.

Looked at her eyes they are red and swollen,I tugged the hair falling on her face to the back of her ear and kissed her lips slowly and passionately,She responded after a second but soon corner of my lips met a lone tear drop.I stopped kissing her and took her face into my hands.

"Are you crying"I could whisper finally and its barely audible to us.

"I am sorry"She hugged me tightly.

I whispered "I love you"in her ear assuring her that everything will be fine.

"I love you too"She cooed after a second.