Chapter-22

Prateek's Pov

"What do you think?Will he sign those papers?"My Uncle Mr.Rohith looking at me with a quizzical expression on his face.

"He will sign those papers sir,It's for sure.But ...."I looked at him with a sad face.

"What's his problem?"He looked at me eagerly for an answer,tightening his fist on the paper weight which he is holding.

"He wants to meet your family,means your mom and dad once!"I am looking at his expression eagerly.

He took a gulp of water swallowed it quickly and wiped off the sweat beads on his face,forehead and answered"Who stopped him from meeting them?"a bit curtly.

"But he thinks you won't feel comfortable to see them back,He mentioned that he doesn't want to embarrass you.It's his wish to meet everyone once with his wife and daughter"I stress every word of my last sentence.He is feeling the heat!I am feeling different to see guilty,clumsy Rohith Mishra who is busy with hostility.

"What?!I never asked him to stay away from my parents,I just can't tolerate his presence,My parents,they are free enough to meet their second son,Who stopped him from meeting them.I told him only a thing that I can't allow our legacy to be shared by someone who is not at all connected to our family through blood.I was against sharing our sir name with a nameless child.He was born to a criminal,What if he too turns as a criminal one day?!.What if he behaves like his biological father?He might threaten us,blackmail us,torment us and even go for the extent of killing people for money?legacy?.Who can believe him?It's in his blood.His mother eloped with his dad deceiving her parents,His father was a psychopath."He threw hostile glare which broke my heart.I know he hates me but not to this extent.

I couldn't talk for a second and Swathi who was there standing beside me took the opportunity to speak,I threw a glance appreciating her spontaneity.I can see the hurt,fury,anguish in her eyes.

I felt very happy she sometimes acts as my savior,She never cracks jokes and takes advantage of my murky past,my weakness.I am glad that she understood my pain.Such a sweetheart.

"Sir!Do you want to talk to Mr.Sourya once or Should we do that for you?"She asked him observing me from a corner of her eye.

"Let me think,But I should thank you both that atlast you people convinced him to sign those papers so that we can sell those shares and properties,Now I can make a further step."He heaved a sigh out of relief.

"Sir,He wants you to give you an offer!"I spoke after a second recovering from hurt.

"What was the offer?"He seems intrigued by my offer and soon a smile creeped on his face.

"He will buy all those shares twice the price you are going to offer for the third party and you need to do him a favour in return"I am on my way to execute my plan,I hope Dad will have no problem with it.How could he?!I am smiling with contentment.

"What was that?"He kept a sullen expression and looked at me impatiently chiding something under his breathe.

"You need to give the same position he used to have in the firm,industries once,as one of the Managing directors."I couldn't stop but chuckle at his reaction.My father deserves to be a part of this industries.After all he is the one who saved it at the time of crisis,Economical and resource crisis.

"What?Is he crazy?What does he want to prove by claiming MD seat again?!Does want to prove that he is as equal as me or he wants to fake society that he is part of Mishra's industries"He asked me baffled rebuking our proposal in a sharp tone.

"Sir!What we should say him now?"Swathi asked him this time.

"Tell him we need sometime,Probably a week or two weeks"He nagged.

We both chuckled at eachother looking at his face,soon left his room leaving him in his own entangled thoughts,utter choas.

"I love you!"I embraced her waist and snugged my head in the crook of her neck the next moment we entered my cabin.

"Hey,We are in office"I can feel her tremor,I am sure I sent a chill in her spine.It was truly an unexpected move that too in office.

"I know"I don't want to leave her.

"Prateek!"I felt my name very different for the first time,She cooed my name like a pigeon.I tightened my grip on her waist.

"He called me a criminal"I couldn't stop my tears.

"I never wanted his legacy"I don't know why I am stuttering,I felt very weak,fragile for a second.My legs are woobly and my voice is cranky.

"I know!"She patted my shoulder,passionately rubbing circles on my back.

"Just leave it"I shook my head freed her from my arms and broke our eye contact.

"Are you okay?"!Swathi caught my chin asked me looking at me with a pale face.I felt gloomy to show her this fragile side of me.What would she think of me?A man never wants to disclose his weak side to his beloved lady in his life.My dad was called cold hearted all the time because he never showed his weak side to the society.

"I am fine!"I still don't want to look her,meet her eyes.

"Look at me"She spoke as softly as feather.

"What?"!I mustered all my courage and stood there in front of her holding my waist with a hand and digging my hand in my
Jeans with other.

"I love you"She looked at me and gave a smug smile trying to boost my courage.

"I love you with all my heart and It never matters who are your biological parents.For me you are the only son of Mr&Mrs.Sourya Mishra.I don't care about these people who are born with mean ideology.People may call you different names but for me you are my life.Let him speak what ever he wants but I know one day you will prove that all his misconceptions as wrong.I know a day will come as such very soon.Stay strong,be bold like the very devilish Prateek whom I am missing now."She nuzzled my nose and hugged me back placing a peck on my cheeks and continued.

"My dad is a physical abuser,he abuses me without a reason,my fault.Does it mean one day I will become like him"She smiled.

I just dragged her out of our office and budged her into my car.It's hard for me to resist the urge to kiss her.Sometimes its good to show the fragile side of me.Its damn worthy.I smirked like crazily,Can't hide my ecstasy,I am going to kiss her,taste her lips.

We reached my flat quickly,I closed the door so hard very impatiently that my whole flat moved for a second.

"Hey!Are you okay?"She asked fluttering her eyelashes in fear

"Fine"I smirked,swallowed the last letter of the word and claimed her lips without giving her anyclue