Chapter-40

Prateek's Pov

"Please yar!"Krithik begged again.

"What?!"I kept an irked face.

"You have to do it for Swathi!"Krithik smiled widely.

"How can I?What about Shreya?What about you?"I looked away.

"I don't want to see you my position"He said a bit curtly.

"You are a responsible brother and you are not going to neglect either Shreya or her needs even after your marriage.I know you love Shreya and you will take care of her all the time as a brother irrespective of time,age and all."He patted my hand.

"You know why people insist elder brothers to go for marriage only after his sister's marriage?Because they think that the new bride,her sister in law will shun her,neglect her needs and will steal all the attention in family gradually.What do you say?Will Swathi do like that?What about uncle and aunty?Will it possible for them to see their children suffering without a proper reason?"He smiled for a second.

I just nodded and looked away.

"Can I ask you something?"He looked at me a bit seriously.

"What?"I felt weird for the very first time,I definitely know a thing that I have no answers for his questions.Krithik rarely makes serious conversations,If he does something as such,it will definitely has a point in it.

"Ask me?"I said lowering my head a bit.

"If you postpone the thought of marrying Swathi will it going to solve all problems?Mine?or Shreya's?"He looked into my eyes straight with a sullen expression on his face.

"No!"I nodded.He continued after a sigh.

"Will Swathi be happy if you do so?"He asked again.

"No!"I nodded.

"So you got my answers,I think"He smiled and continued.

"Yes"I looked away.

"Buddy just Smile yar,I can't see you as such.I will be happy to see my bestie getting married and Sherya,She will be jumping up and down out of joy."He patted my shoulder.

"We want to you to marry Swathi as soon as possible,We can't see her brooding over past,She deserves happiness buddy"He smiled heartily.

"Swathi"Krithik looked at the door and we saw Swathi staring at us both with a baffled face.

"Swathi"I stood up and walked towards her.

Krithik chuckled at me and mumbled"I know it's impossible for you to stay away from her,See.So don't think much about anything dear"

I smiled and he walked away pinching Swathi's cheek,Swathi blushed making me smile.

"Are you blushing too?!"She chuckled.

"What?!"I looked away hiding my smile.

"I never thought my Prateek can blush this much"She laughed smirking at me,pinching my cheeks

"I too never thought that my Swathi can be this much naughty"I kissed her cheek and she looked damn cute smiling,blushing crazily,her cheeks became warm.Oh my god!She took away my breath with her smirk.

I stood infront of her smirking,

"So?!"She giggled like a child.

"Will you marry me?"I pushed her hair a bit back and whispered in her ear.

"What?I didn't get you?"She is pretending that she didn't listen my words.

"Ok!"I placed my lips against her ear and mouthed those words again.

"What?"She looked at me with a perplexed expression.

"If you can pretend why not me?"I said grinning a bit.

"Ofcourse!I will"She gave her answer smiling and blushing.

"What?I can't get it?"I lowered my head near her ear and asked her to say it again.

"I would love to accept your proposal Mr.Prateek Mishra.I find it's my privilege to marry you"She bowed a bit and said with a dreamy sigh.

"Such a drama queen"I nuzzled her nose with mine.

"What?"She kept a sad pout and looked away.

"I love you with all my heart and from the moon to the back.I am really really fortunate to have you as my life partner.My little tigress"I dragged her to my lap and cupped her cheeks.

"I love you too Prateek"She whispered huskily in my ear making me chuckle.

"I will promise you that I will take care of you all the time.I know what's your status of mind.I know how it feels when your own family rejects you"I sighed and continued.

"Don't worry about your dad,His words,I have no problem if he comes back to you one day but I swear I will kill him if he ever tried to harm you,touch you,Your body.Damn those bruises!"I almost banged the chaor with my fist angrily.

She didn't say anything but a lone tear escaped from her right eye.

"I am sorry"I felt bad for spoiling our lovely time by mentioning about a person who doesn't deserve her love and affection.

"It's not like that, I don't hate my dad but I don't know why he hates me to core,Why he always accused me that I have killed my mom very purposefully.What made him to think so?I was thirteen for god sake"She is back to normal.

"Leave about him,I will be thankfull to you thoughout my life dear"I smiled at her madly.

"What?"She blushed and can't control her tears.

"Yes I am truly lucky .I am getting a girl as my wife who is thriving hard to unite me with my family.I have seen many girls who wants to get seperated from groom's family on the very next day of their marriage but you,you are my angel."I closed my eyes controlling my tears.

"Love you"She kissed my cheek again.

"I am asking you again Swathi,Are you ready?I need your opinion desperately.I am giving you choice you can do what ever you wanna do.I am not forcing you"I asked her again.

"If not today but tomorrow.One day we need to do this,why can't now"She smiled.

"Love you"I hugged her from back.she is still sitting in my lap.

I felt overwhelmed by the feeling that I am getting married.I am going to marry Swathi,My dream girl...I sighed and nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck smiling and blushing.

I sighed and nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck smiling and blushing