Chapter-52

Krithik's Pov

I am truly clueless where Avni is?Where haven't I searched for her?I searched for her at her hostel,I went to her home,I enquired her friends but no one knows where she is?Will any one tell me where she is?I couldn't stop my tears.I ignored her brutally,now I am paying for my mistake.

I just ignored calls from my best friend Prateek,I didn't took calls from Swathi.I didn't inform my where abouts to my parents even.How could I?What's happening in my life,For the very first time I could feel what's loneliness is?I am feeling very alone even among several people.

Now I realised what's Avni meant to me,She is the girl of my life,she is my everything.It's hard to breathe without her.What's bothering me is her safety?Is she safe?Did Ashok hurt her?If yes I will kill him for sure.Should I ask police's help to find whether she is safe and sound?Whom should I ask?What about meeting Abhimanyu?Why can't I give it a last try by myself?I decided.

I learnt that she convinced his lawyer from getting a bail to that monster Ashok,now she wants him to be in jail,behind bars but her attempt became futile very unfortunately.What will he do now?What if he comes to know about the truth?Will he leave her as such?He is a brute and I am sure he won't leave her though she is his sister,oops I am sorry,she is his step-sister.

I found that she still use to come to orphanage every sunday and I know how she loves to meet those children.

So I am waiting outside the orphanage for her with a thumping heart.I am sorry for my deeds and guilt is killing me.Suddenly I saw a girl walking towards the orphanage wearing a scarf.She looks like Avni.

Is she Avni?I didn't took my gaze off her and I am very keen to have a look at her beautiful expressive eyes.She is walking hastily and I saw her fist clenched tightly tugging to her kurthi.I finally could see her beautiful pair of eyes.It's Avni,no doubt.

She is holding a hand bag and making long strodes to reach the place,her destiny,the orphanage a bit quickly.

I placed my goggles and walking behind her hiding all the time.She reached the main gate and looked around, peeped through her surroundings and walked in silently.I took a deep sigh and walked in behind her observing her every moment.

She went to reception and enquiring about a girl.She didn't see me yet.Who is this girl?I am eager to see her face,My Avni after a long time.

"Sanjana"It is the name of that girl she came to meet.

Who is she?Why would Avni come to meet a ten year old girl?

"Avni di"Sanjana,a ten year old girl just ran to her,the girl with scarf calling her Avni,I couldn't stop my tears,a smiled soon creeped on my lips,She is my Avni,There she is standing infront of me wrapping Sanjana in her arms.

"Are you fine Sanjana?"She asked her unwrapping her scarf slowly revealing her beautiful face.

"AVNI"I sighed out of relief,I could find her at last,I just became so dumb,so deaf to ignore her like that.

"Avni di"Sanjana came and stood infront of Avni,Avni bent a bit allowing Sanjana to cling her hands around her neck.

"I miss you"She just spoke with heaviness in her voice.

"Mee to"Avni wiped her tears and smiled at Sanjana.

"Are you fine?"I heard a very familiar voice and completely surprised to see my bff Prateek asking Avni in a worried tone.

"Yes Prateek,absolutely.I just dropped a message to your phone,Didn't you check it?"She asked him looking a bit tensed.

He picked his phone and yelled"Damn!Ran out of battery"He almost shouted and stamped his feet is disgust.

"What had happened?"She asked fluttering her eyelashes in worry.

"Nothing!"He nodded and looked away.

"Is everything okay?"She asked him with a pale face.

"Yes"He is trying hard to stay composed.

"Okay"She smiled nervously.

"Did you hear anything about Krithik?"She asked after a second.

"Ahhh!I am trying to find him"Prateek said lowering his head a bit scratching his forehead.

"Didn't you find him yet?"Her voice is so shaky and I can see Prateek is searching for words to console her.

"Believe me Avni,I will find him for sure"He said a bit sternly.I just gulped to digest the fact.She still loves me and I shed happy tears,God!She loves me.

"Avni"I felt I can't hide more,I need to reveal them my presence.

I walked towards them and I saw them are looking at me seriously disbelieving me,my presence.I looked at Avni,her eyes are startling to see me,they are so caring and passionate.I can feel the warmth in her love.I am lucky to be loved by her.I smiled nervously.

"I am sorry Avni"I went to straight to her and caught her hands,I am feeling guilty for leaving her all alone.

She is crying profusely and couldn't stop smiling at me.I just wiped her tears and smiled back.

"Where have you gone Krithik?"Prateek literally yelled at me.

"I am sorry Prateek...."I was about to give him some explanation.

"Enough Krithik,Everyone is playing with me,my heart so brutally but I never ever thought you would be one among them."Prateek just stopped me with his gesture and looked at me with hurtful eyes.

" You just absconded like that with out a word, a single damn call.Haven't you thought about your parents?Haven't you thought about that girl who is weeping for you all the time?"He showed me Avni.

"Haven't you ever thought about me?"He whispered looking away avoiding my gaze.

"I am sorry Prateek"That's what I could say.

"It's okay Krithik,I am happy for you two"He smiled,Did he gave a forceful smile.My heart clenched for a second.I felt I became a stranger to my friend so suddenly.

I know something is bothering Prateek.He looks so shattered,so vulnerable