Chapter-17

Prateek's Pov

I completed my sentence and waiting for her answer.She didn't say anything.I was looking at her eagerly.

She didn't pay any attention to my words.I was deeply hurt by her actions.Probably she doesn't like me,May be she is angry with me.I am thinking in different perspectives yet I didn't come to any conclusion.

Rest our journey was very quiet and serene.I am glancing at her all the time.She was smiling widely like crazy yet she didn't speak a word.Is that a Yes?!Or She is just laughing at my half wit.I felt so naive for a second.

We reached Chennai meanwhile,though she didn't spell a word,her eyes just grabbed all my attention.They spoke a lot,her every emotion was expressed fervently with those dark beautiful flawless eyes.Her eyes are accusing me for something,What will be that?!I am enthralled.

I took her to my house instead of my office.I don't want to make it an issue.I know my dad very well.He will sign those papers without any a second thought.

"Bhaiyya!"We heard a very familiar voice,I whirled to see my sweet sister,Shreya.

"Hey dear!"I hugged her and pinched her cheeks.

"I didn't expect you,You gave me a heart attack almost!"She freaked and looked at Swathi tilting her head a bit.

"So you are Swathi!"She chuckled at her.

"Yes!"Swathi smiled a bit uncomfortably tugging her kurtha with her hand tightly.

"Come in both of you!What are you waiting for ha! Any muhurat?!"Shreya asked me pinching my sleeve.

"Stop embarrassing me Sweety"I smiled artifically asking her to calm down.Doesn't she think she is overacting!A drama queen.

"Mom!Just see who came to our home"Shreya shouted as I am a celebrity and I am coming to some other's house.What the hell she is doing?!An announcement.I couldn't look at Swathi,I just want to hibernate for the rest of summer.

"Stupid!"I patted her head playfully asking her to shut her mouth for now,she has already created enough hype to achieve reasonble T.R.P.

"Prateek,"Mom came to me hastily and hugged me for a while,I know we missed each other terribly.I am thankful she isn't mad at me,if yes I would have missed a warm hug.

"Are you fine?"She looked at with gleaming teary eyes completely ignoring Swathi.I felt bad for her,What would she think about us now.Did I do a mistake by bringing her here?But I just want to see her the reality,the me!

"Fine mom!What about you all?You?Dad?"I smiled and sat asking Swathi to sit beside me.

"He is doing absolutely fine,He got a new contract and he too missed you alot.He was grunting your name in sleep,poor him!"She frowned and said with a mixed feeling.

"I know!"I sighed and looked at Swathi who is a decent silent spectator.

"Mom!She is Swathi!"I turned to her and said smiling at her.

"Oh,I am sorry dear,I didn't greet you as I was really overwhelmed to see my son after a long time,Sorry dear!"Mom aksed her placing her hand on her cheek.

"It's okay madam!"She smiled politely.I felt bad she addressed mom as Mam!

"Mom!Where is Dad?I thought he will be at home as its lunch time,right?!"I asked Mom trying to focus on our work.

"Here I am my dear son,Prateek!"Dad just came in and answered my question.

"Dad!"I smiled and shared a warm hug.

"Hai Swathi!I heard about you from these two friends"Dad greeted Swathi very warmly pointing at a photograph of mine with Krithik dangling to the wall.

"Really?!"Swathi almost screamed with a sharp voice.

"That's really nice of them!Nice meeting you sir"She smiled back throwing a death glare.

That's my dad!I blushed for a second somehow managed to stay calm in front of everyone.

We did our lunch together and I was there with Swathi all the time.I want to make sure that she is eating well.

Swathi is very hesitant normally as I know her very well she takes time to adjust and be herself in a new place.Sometimes she stammers and stutters when she feels the place so alien,this habit of her worries me a lot.

Shreya,Shreya became extremely naughty these days.She was chuckling and mocking at my every action but thankfully we both alone know what she mean,Siblings code!She is too childish for her age,hope she get over her childishness very soon.Grow up sissy!I sighed.

We just chatted for an hour.Shreya is truly a Chatterbox.She kept on blabbering irrespective of other's mood.I just want to cup my little sister cheeks,they are doing tremedrous job.I laughed at her!

We went to study room with dad.Swathi is with me and really happy that she will learn what is the truth now.I am sure some of her questions have already answered.

"Well,What is the issue?How are everyone there?How are Dada and Dadi?Have you met them?I am saying you again if you don't feel comfortable or if they mistreat you just don't stay there."Dad said seriously looking at me with a sullen face.

"Dad!"I just hugged for a second.

It took a second for him to realise what I did and the very next second he hugged me back.

"I met everyone hiding my identity,They are all fine,Dada and Dadi are craving to see you Dad,Please dad it's really hard for me to see them like that"I couldn't stop my tears.

"I am a very bad son!"Dad crinkles his nose in disguist.

"You are a wonderful father"I said holding his hands.

"I am sorry!"He smiled after a second trying to cheer up me.

"Rohith Uncle wants to sell these properties,We are in loss,"I heaved a sign.

"Give them to me!"He took those documents into his hands and read them briefly for a second.

"Oh god!"He placed those papers on table and looked at me with gloomy eyes.

"He wants you to sign those papers as you hold 33% in them"I said clamping his palm.

"Just give me some time,I will find out a way!"He looked at us assuringly.