Chapter-56

Swathi's Pov

I am truly tensed.As time passes tension in piling up in my nerves.Just another hour for muhurat We couldn't find Prateek anywhere.Dad is trying hard to contact him but no use.

My mind is undergoing an emotional turmoil.Tears are pooled up in my eyes.I looked at mandap I can see baffled faces all around and gosspis spread like wildfire.

I just got up and walked towards the mirror.I looked at the mirror and saw my reflection.I am wearing the pink colour lehenga chose by him along with the antique jewellery chose by Ananya aunty.I saw myself in mirror,I felt like an angle shedding tears.I closed my eyes and fresh tears floated over my cheek.

"Swathi"Shreya just came and hugged me from my side.She is holding me tightly placing her head on my shoulders.

"Are you angry with bro?"She spoke very calmly.

"No"I nodded and stood up glaring at wall blankly not knowing what to say.

"Really?"She tilted her head a bit and asked me looking into my eyes still holding me tightly.

"I am worried about him"I turned towards her and said sniffing a bit.I am sobbing all the time,I felt helpless.

"Nothing happens to him,He will be safe and sound"She patted my shoulder trying her best to assure me.

"I hope so"I tried to smile.

I spoke to him last night he was very happy and overwhelmed with joy.His eyes are startling like stars.What happened to him so suddenly.Is he in any danger?Is he okay?Several thoughts are poking my head so hard.They are very frightening and so scary.I looked at Shreya.

She released me from her warm hug took two steps ahead and staring at the door.I heard few hefty foot steps and turned around to see Shreya staring at Krithik who is standing at the door.

"Bhaiyya?"Shreya called him nervously.

"He just came"He said puffing and panting from running.

"Really?"Shreya screamed like a child.I sighed and felt relieved.

"Yes but....."He stood there muttered something.

"What?Is he okay?"Shreya asked quickly in a worried tone.

"Ahhh!..."He looked at me for a second and averted his gaze quickly.

"Is he okay Bhaiyya?"Shreya asked again shaking him,holding his shoulders.

"He got some sprain in his left ankle and got bruises here and there."He spoke slowly.

"Why?What just happened?"Shreya is screaming and sobbing.

"A small accident"He said placing his hand on his waist and scratching his forehead.

"Accident?!"I sprung up from my chair at once and walked towards him making hefty steps.

"Nothing to worry!He is fine"Krithik said patting my shoulder.

"Bhaiyya!"Shreya screamed looking at him,Prateek.I couldn't believe its Prateek.He came to me,my room and standing infront of me.

I rubbed my eyes and wiped my tears to look at him with clear eyes.I sighed and walked towards to him.I placed my hand on his chest and snuggled my head against his shoulder.

"I am sorry,I am really sorry"He said gently rubbing my shoulder.

"Are you okay?I am really worried about you?"I lifted my head and looked at his face.

"I am okay,I am perfectly okay"He said smiling a bit.

"Aren't you angry with me?I shouldn't have gone like that.I was really in a hurry.It's matter of one's life.I need to be there.I was struck in traffic jam.My car bumped into another car.What not?!Ahhh....I am sorry yar"He slumped his shoulders and hugged me tightly.

"No,I am worried about you"I said smiling.

"Are you okay Bhaiyya?"Shreya came and asked Prateek clinging her hands around his neck with tears filled eyes.

"Okay"Prateek said a bit harshly and took her arms away.

"Bhaiyya,Krithik bhaiyya told us your left ankle got sprained and you got bruises here and there"Shreya asked pointing at his left leg,ankle.

"No,nothing is like that Shreya"He is talking very strangely with Shreya.

"Are you okay?"I pressed his hand for a second asking him to calm down.

"We are getting late"Mom entered the room smiling at us.

"Dad talked to Panditji and we have a very good Muhurat after two hours,It's getting late hurry up both of you"Mom smiled sweetly.

"Really?"Prateek looked at Mom and asked her smirking at me.

"I will talk to you later"Mom slapped his cheek playfully.

"Sorry mom!I was helpless"Prateek just hugged her and said in an apologetic tone.

"I am sorry dad!"Prateek hugged Dad who just entered the room.

"It's okay Prateek"Dad patted his shoulder and smiled at him.

"We need to apoloagise you for everything"Dad looked at (Swathi's) dad who is standing far away from us with a pale face.

"Everyone there calling my daughter unlucky.There are saying she is an ill fated girl and will swallow in laws prosperity"He looked at us with a wan smile and tugging his shirt firmly.

"Swathi is so lucky hence Prateek escaped from a great accident"Dad sighed and looked at my Dad.I smiled sadly ay him

"What?!"I looked at Prateek and he just smiled back winking.

"It hurts when people call her unlucky,they spoiled my mind by accusing her for her mother's death,Now I am happy for her.She is going to marry the boy whom she loves and adores but now they are trying to steal her happiness by calling her unlucky,ill fated.I can't hear them.She deserves to be happy."He said and wiped his tears and looked at Dad.

"We love Swathi and I promise you we will take care of her.Its their halfwit to blame Swathi for everything"Dad smiled.

Shreya is looking at Prateek with pleading eyes.She is almost crying but Prateek is not talking to her,He is giving answers in monosyllables.I don't know why is he very much angry with Shreya.Is it anything related to Arjun?He hasn't contacted me for past five days.

Before I could think anything any more mom dragged me into other room and sent Prateek to another room,Finally we are walking towards mandap,our dream land,our destiny.

Just in a blink of eye Prateek placed vermilion on my head and placed Mangalsuthr in my neck.I became his wife just in a snap.I couldn't stp those tears falling from my eyes.My eyes landed on my man who is sitting beside me smiling at everyone with sparkling eyes.

Finally I am Mrs.Swathi Prateek Mishra......I smiled looked at Ganesh idol and offered my prayers happily

Sorry guys I don't want to write much details about marriage and rituals as I think I will miss the flow of the story

Sorry if I disappointed you

Prateek escaped a major accident?Is it an accident?or an attack?Why is he very much angry with Shreya?Is it related to Arjun?

What do you say?