Chapter-18

Swathi's Pov

We are back on our way to Bangalore,I am truly jealous about Prateek,He is truly lucky to have a wonderful family.I never knew how it feels to have a loving family.

I am truly unaware about the feeling,I once used to have mom who was there for me in all my times in all my thin and thick situations but now I feel all alone in my own house.

I just want to cry my heart out to him yet something is stopping me from doing it.May be I don't want my dad to be blamed for my situation,sad that a part of me still adores him as my father.

"Are you okay?"Pratheek shook my shoulder twice before stopping our car infront of a restaurant.

"Fine!"I mumbled for a second and looked away.

I checked my watch and its 7-50 in the evening,We are just an hour away from our city.I slept all the way like a mummy.I am truly tired,I am almost exhausted mentally and Physically from what had happened at home last night.

Tears welled up soon I thought about that incident,I looked at my right wrist spontaneously.It dragged Prateek's attention and he took my hand into his palms very gently.

"Oh my god!How did I missed it"He looked at me with furious,painful eyes,clenching his teeth in disgust.

"Why did you slit your wrist?"He tightened his grip over my wrist.

"Tell me damn it,Why did you do that?!"He literally yelled at me this time,I am looking all over to escape his sharp eyes,sharp glances.

"Just leave it,Please"I begged him.He felt sorry for what he did just caressed my hair.

We walked into the restaurant without uttering a word.I am following him like a shadow without any word,expression,I want to be quiet for a while.thankfully he just gave me the space,the peace I wanted.

He ordered our food and doing all the things without a word,He knows my every choice I felt glad that someone still cares for me,my choices.

His face is void of emotions,his devilishly handsome smirk is missing,I felt gloomy to see him like that.I am habituated to his smirk,to him a lot these days.I don't think I can ever get over him.

Yes,I do worried a lot about him as I became suspicious over him.A part of me was fervently desperate to prove him guilty as I concluded myself that he doesn't love me.

I was running after my false prejudices,predictions striving hard to prove them,anticipate them as the hardcore reality, as the truth to protect my vulnerable heart fron another strom.I am completely broken inside and I can't undergo another turmoil in my life.

"Eat!"He said lowering his head a bit and peeping into my eyes.

I started eating my food but its became a difficult task for me to swallow it.I am feeling a lump all the time in my throat and chocked everytime I tried to take a gulp.

Prateek caught my hand and asked me to stop for a while.He gently took away the fork and the spoon from my hands.He went to the kitchen by himself and brought a Milkshake after a chat with someone,Probably the manager of the restaurant.

I drank it without opposing him.

"I know how it feels,Its quite difficult to even breathe when you are brooding in.Sometimes what we need is a friend's hand just to hangout,just to asure us that everything is going to be fine at the end of our day.Krithik was there at the toughest times of my life.Please consider me as your friend and speak out,I promise you I won't reveal it to anyone.I think I am worthy enough to be called as a Friend."He said gently patting my hands.